I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...

Discus and support I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Thrustmaster USB Joystick When plugged into the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC) the default buttons are listed below: Apart from the joystick... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by [ ross_mini5 ], Nov 21, 2023.

1. I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...

Thrustmaster USB Joystick

When plugged into the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC) the default buttons are listed below:

Apart from the joystick functionality, the Thrustmaster USB Joystick has 6 other inputs, but only the 4 buttons work. The Point of view button located on the front top left of the joystick, doesn’t function and the Sliding thumb throttle located on the left of side of the base, does not work either.

Plugged into the XAC Left analog stick USB socket:

• Rear joystick trigger button - Left analog stick forward
    • Rear joystick right side button - Left analog button
    • Front top yellow / black hazard button - Left analog stick back
    • Front top right button - Left bumper
    Plugged into the XAC Right analog stick USB socket:

• Rear joystick trigger button - View
    • Rear joystick right side button - Right analog button
    • Front top yellow / black hazard button - Start
    • Front top right button - Right bumper
    All 4 buttons on the Thrustmaster USB Joystick can be remapped using the Xbox Accessories App on the console.

:)

[ ross_mini5 ], Nov 21, 2023
  2. sarkah Win User

Connecting a logitech extreme 3d pro to an xbox adaptive controller

I have also tested the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick with the XAC (with the most recent firmware update), and I can confirm that it does not work.

Some joysticks I have found that do work when attached to the XAC are:

• Thrustmaster USB Joystick (~$25)
    • Hyperkin Trooper 2 (~$20)
    • Ultimarc UltraStick 360 (~$60)
    If you only need one joystick and can press arcade-sized buttons, I recommend looking for a consumer "fight stick" controller instead. (Amazon.com : fight stick)
  3. sarkah Win User

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joysticks not connecting to Xbox Adaptive Controller

The Extreme 3D Pro joystick has stopped working with the XAC. Are you able to return the Logitech joysticks to vendor you purchased them from? There are some alternative joysticks that work out of the box, including the Thrustmaster USB Joystick, which should be similar the the Logitech ones you have now.
  4. sarkah Win User

Connecting a logitech extreme 3d pro to an xbox adaptive controller

As has been discussed in this thread, the Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick does not work with the XBox Adaptive Controller in the real world. The Microsoft website that says they work together is misinformation.

Microsoft will not help you. They have not had anyone working on the XBox Adaptive Controller project for 4 years. They use the same video clips from 4 years ago every time they include the XBox Adaptive Controller in public relations announcements. Microsoft is done investing anything in this product, which is sad, but it is still more than Sony or Nintendo have ever done, and the XBox Adaptive Controller can be made to work if you do a bit of trial and error on your own and don't listen to the misinformation coming from Microsoft.

I suggest you return your Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick for a refund and buy a Thrustmaster USB Joystick instead. The last time I tested the Thrustmaster USB Joystick with the XBox Adaptive Controller, they did work together in the real world. (I last tested the configuration that I am recommending a couple of months ago.)
  5. sarkah Win User

XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working

Manufacturers often change a product design and continue to sell it as the same product. This is normal and can result from supply chain issues or cost-saving efforts. It sounds likeone of two things has happened, because reporting of this XAC incompatibility issue is widespread on this forum:

• Maybe a recent hardware revision of the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick has made it no longer compatible with XAC
    • Maybe a recent firmware revision of the XAC has made it no longer compatible with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick
    • Maybe this regression is a complicated product of both hardware and firmware revisions
    Wherever the problem stems from, it is the case that a new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick does not work with an updated XAC today.

Rather than waiting for Logitech and Microsoft to stop their Spiderman-pointing-at-Spiderman customer support reaction, I recommend buying a different joystick. Finding an XAC-compatible joystick can be difficult, but I have successfully tested the following in the past month: Thrustmaster USB Joystick, Hyperkin Trooper 2, and Ultimarc UltraStick 360.

If, by chance, you can play with one joystick and some arcade-sized buttons, I recommend looking for a "fight stick" controller to take the place of your XAC + joystick setup. (A fight stick is a large controller designed for fighting games.)
  6. Sagaroth Win User

Can a USB track pad be paired with the XBOX Adaptive Controller?

Thema:

I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...

1. I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)... - Similar Threads - confirm Thrustmaster USB

2. Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email: I purchased this controller here under guest using the same email as my account (didn't remember my account info at the time) but never received an email confirmation after purchase....
  3. Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...: I can't use my game pass core df24437e-9c02-48a0-b86e-53dd02334e60
  4. I can see if all of my friends are online, but no one else can confirm that

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can see if all of my friends are online, but no one else can confirm that: I have a couple of gaming friends who often see me offline, but I'm actually online at the time, what's going on? 932edb5c-bb3e-4591-8c44-3c490fbf86e0
  5. Order confirmation wasn't sent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Order confirmation wasn't sent: Hello, I bought Elite Series 2 controller in MS store, but I don't have any email order confirmation and my order stay in same place in the shipping process. Please help as quick as possible....
  6. Game pass 'confirm' box obscured

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game pass 'confirm' box obscured: Every time I enter the code for a 1 month ultimate game pass the confirm option is obscured by the box to change payment options. Even when i enter new card details it comes back to the same box....
  7. How do I cancel my refund request if I never received an confirmation email from Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I cancel my refund request if I never received an confirmation email from Microsoft...: I recently requested ark ascended and I accidentally sent a request to refund it an never got a confirmation email for I can cancel the refund request b788e17e-6d9d-43fb-8aad-b22bf4b75e8b
  8. How do I get back into an account so I can confirm the games I bought on it when I can no...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get back into an account so I can confirm the games I bought on it when I can no...: Hello, so I have recently gotten a new Xbox Series S and have been trying to transfer my games from my Xbox one to there. But it seems that I can’t transfer some games because I'm not on the same...
  9. Do I have to wait till my security email is confirmed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do I have to wait till my security email is confirmed?: I’ve recently reset my security email and I’ve tried to sign on to my Xbox account but I get a pop up saying that my security has been reset and I can continue using my account as normal but when...
  10. Microsoft didn't transfer Minecraft to my account after confirmed successfull migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft didn't transfer Minecraft to my account after confirmed successfull migration: I have tried so many things by now. And I am very, very ANGRY about this. I have migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft in February of 2022. Instantly, after a confirmation email about the...