I bought PC Game Pass while travelling and now can't use it at home - Region locked

Discus and support I bought PC Game Pass while travelling and now can't use it at home - Region locked in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the region of my purchase? I bought the 3 months for $1.00 special over Christmas (in Costa Rica), and am now unable to use it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MikeL_604, Jan 10, 2022.

1. MikeL_604
    MikeL_604 Guest

I bought PC Game Pass while travelling and now can't use it at home - Region locked

Is there a way to change the region of my purchase? I bought the 3 months for $1.00 special over Christmas (in Costa Rica), and am now unable to use it now that I am home.

Thanks!

:)

MikeL_604, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

No there isn't, you'll have to wait until the subscription expires or cancel it and get one from your current region.

Side Note:- You can try changing your store region here to see if that helps https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. ngocphi Win User

Region switched to SA, can't download Black Ops II season pass.

or if you purchased the season pass while in the US

because the US content is region locked you forfeited it

now your physical region and account region must match

if you had bought the seasons pass while having in the SA account that would work
  4. ngocphi Win User

So i have gamepass ultimate and it works fine on my Xbox series S but not with my PC, what to do?

It's working ss intended you just misunderstanding how it's intended

One you can ONLY use. Region locked content while.in your region

Since you purchased it in Finland you can only use region locked content IN FINLAND

THIS INCLUDES cloud games and bc titles

You can use pc titles but not cloud titles

I'm.assuming you are trying to use cloud since you don't have your Xbox with you

You can sign into.the Xbox app from another region BUT you can't use cloud play while outside your home region so if you are trying to access rckoud play that would return the error

Keep.in mind you can't redeem .or.earn MS Rewards points outside your home.region
  5. CyberGuardFL Win User

Can one share Game Pass Ultimate with family member across regions?

I think on your Xbox you would need his account (that with Game Pass Ultimate) and that Xbox has to be configured as "home" console. Then all accounts on that console can share gold/ultimate.

HOWEVER, if he has purchased his subscription in a different region you may run into issues. On the other hand I traveled with my Xbox to a different region and it worked fine and I logged into my Xbox account on an Xbox in a different region and it all worked fine for the content that was available for that region.

I am not sure how this translate to playing on a PC. Because now there is no "home console" and I am not aware you can declare a "home PC" in that way to share subscriptions.

Also, the Microsoft family settings are different from setting a console as "home" - ALL accounts on that console share the gold/ultimate regardless of being part of the family or not.
  6. Joe Gamer I Win User

Can't Download Game Warriors Orochi 2

No, I've purchesed the game while I was in other region. Now that I've bought it I can't play? No refunds?
Thema:

1. I bought PC Game Pass while travelling and now can't use it at home - Region locked - Similar Threads - bought Game Pass

2. i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...

in XBoX on Windows
    i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...: it displays launching the xbox app screen for a long time but then it says something went wrong try the update again and error code is 0x80070057 please assist quickly my game pass subscription...
  3. I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?: I bought the cheap game pass and connected ea account but when I click install on madden NFL 24 I have to buy the game c05bb11f-b24f-478b-8b1c-14cc700461fe
  4. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...: I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With this, I never downloaded GTA 5 with either...
  5. Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...: Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox series x? Whenever I try to play it, it shows error 0x803f800b. Please help....
  6. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  7. I bought the new Lenovo legon go and they said they give me free Xbox game pass I claim,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the new Lenovo legon go and they said they give me free Xbox game pass I claim,...: I access the Xbox app and press claim and I have a credit as a guarantee. However, the game pass is not activated I checked in the subscription in the account it's not there the the free game pass...
  8. How to fix the option for the game pass choose a plan even though I bought the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix the option for the game pass choose a plan even though I bought the game...: I have to choose a plan even though I own the game (EA FC24) 2b41cef2-f8d4-46dd-963f-5ba9589cf6f6
  9. I have bought Xbox Game Pass Core but I can not install games from game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have bought Xbox Game Pass Core but I can not install games from game pass: I have recently purchased Xbox Game Pass Core for 12 months, yet whenever I try to load games from game pass it says I need game pass. I also tried to install apps from game pass and that doesn’t...
  10. Wont let me play multiplayer on hardwood spades?? Help bought game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wont let me play multiplayer on hardwood spades?? Help bought game pass: won't let me play multiplayer on hardwood spades Yyyy 220a2540-25e6-4efb-bb6c-abb71ac70abb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are game pass games region locked