I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...

Discus and support I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The HDMI cable does have audio. What settings should the Xbox have? b34edbe9-5eef-4c9d-a1c5-8a9849ed131f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lori Cash, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Lori Cash
    Lori Cash Guest

I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...

The HDMI cable does have audio. What settings should the Xbox have?

:)

Lori Cash, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when attached to Xbox series S?

Hi, Lori my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

It's great that you got your son a Koorui monitor with built-in speakers for his Xbox Series S! Getting the audio working shouldn't be too complicated. Here's how you can achieve it:

Confirm HDMI Cable:

Ensure you're using an HDMI cable that supports audio transmission. Not all HDMI cables do, so double-check the cable specifications or its markings to confirm.

Audio Output Settings on Xbox:

Go to Settings > General > TV & audio > Audio output.

Under "Audio output," select "HDMI (Optical/SPDIF)". This should send the audio through the HDMI cable to your monitor's built-in speakers.

Alternatively, try selecting "Headset (Optical/SPDIF)" if your monitor's speakers connect through an optical audio cable.

Monitor Settings:

Check if your monitor has any additional audio settings. Some monitors might need manual activation of built-in speakers or volume adjustments. Consult the monitor's manual or manufacturer's website for specific instructions.

Troubleshooting Tips:

Power Cycle: Turn off both the Xbox and the monitor, wait for a few seconds, and then power them back on. This can sometimes resolve minor glitches.
    Change HDMI Ports: Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on both the Xbox and the monitor.

Hard Reset of Audio Settings: On the Xbox, go to Settings > General > Reset this console. Choose "Reset to factory settings" and select "Keep my games & apps". This will reset all Xbox settings, including audio, to default.
    Additional Notes:

If your Koorui monitor has both HDMI and headphone audio, try switching between them in the monitor's settings to see which works for you.

Some monitors might require additional adapters or audio cables to connect the HDMI audio output to the built-in speakers. Consider consulting the monitor's manual or contacting the manufacturer for specific recommendations.

You can check more detailed information about why the koorui monitor has no sound following the next link:

https://www.mymonitorsgeek.com/koorui-monitor-no-sound/

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. Jhonkito Win User

I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when attached to Xbox series S?

Hi again.

This is kinda weird because under the sound options may be stereo uncompressed option and optical option, can you bring me the exact model of your monitor?

I will wait for you
  4. Lori Cash Win User

It doesn’t give me the Optical/SPDIF option. Only stereo uncompressed
  5. ArmyRanger149 Win User

Playing on PC monitor with external speakers

I'm not sure if there is anything you can do about the sound as the monitor you described has no speakers built in. I'm also not to sure there is any adapter available that can do what you need it to do. I'm very sorry, but I would say that there is no way
    you can get the sound to play without any speakers built in the monitor. :(
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Why cant i hear sound from my monitor

There are lots of HP monitors called 'Pavilion' what's your monitor model number?

The vast majority of monitors do not have built in speakers. If your monitor has a 3.5mm audio jack, you'll need to get some external speakers or plug in headphones to get sound.
Thema:

1. I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when... - Similar Threads - bought son Koorul

2. Bought an xbox gold 6 month pass for my son from argos and its not working just says...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought an xbox gold 6 month pass for my son from argos and its not working just says...: I've purchased an xbox gold 6months pass for my son from argos trying to redeem but it's saying something went wrong. Any ideas on why it's not working 3ce7e316-6a0a-4b79-a05c-a6f9a80d78a3
  3. I have just bought my son a new Xbox but the email on his current Xbox isn’t right so all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have just bought my son a new Xbox but the email on his current Xbox isn’t right so all...: I have just bought my son a new Xbox but the email on his current Xbox isn’t right so all his data and such have not saved to his account. Is there anything I can do?...
  4. I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...: I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play roblox, it asks for a disc to be inserted? What's the issue? Only happening on the old xbox....
  5. I game share modern warfare 3 with son , and then bought him the vault edition upgrade and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I game share modern warfare 3 with son , and then bought him the vault edition upgrade and...: I bought modern Warfare 3 and game share with my son so he has it to. Then he wanted the upgraded vault edition for 30 bucks so I bought it for him on his own account and Xbox and everything is...
  6. I bought a digital Xbox gift card for my son and it needed up in Microsoft acct. if I can’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a digital Xbox gift card for my son and it needed up in Microsoft acct. if I can’t...: Xbox gift card used by accident Added to my Microsoft store balance Want to get money back or let my son use it on his Xbox acct b112880a-7ff5-4919-93f8-a8b37bf177c7
  7. I bought a Turtle Beach headset 2 weeks for my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a Turtle Beach headset 2 weeks for my son: I bought a Turtle Beach headset 600 wireless 2 weeks ago. It's my 2nd pair. The USB adapter that you plug to the xbox to sync the headset broke. However i still have my 1st gun my first pair, is...
  8. My son bought fifa23 we have 2 Xbox consoles in the house can I share the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son bought fifa23 we have 2 Xbox consoles in the house can I share the game: Son bought fifa23 on his Xbox was wondering if I could use same game on my Xbox in same house 62b3abea-d8e1-4030-b72f-7df6d28d1353
  9. My son bought VC on NBA 2k24 and I was wondering if I could be refunded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son bought VC on NBA 2k24 and I was wondering if I could be refunded: may I please be refunded . My son bought VC without my permission. He also used all of the VC I got for pre ordering the game, I would like that back too please thank you....
  10. Hello.... so my son wanted to play minecraft with friends we got gamepass but have bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello.... so my son wanted to play minecraft with friends we got gamepass but have bought...: Hello.... so my son wanted to play minecraft with friends we got gamepass but have bought the wrong one. Is there anyway we can chance this rather then having to buy another gamepass...