I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher.

Discus and support I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought minecraft in 2019, from the Microsoft store and I have played it until recently when they started their migration and "If you have one, you... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DOODLYDEE2006, Sep 29, 2023.

1. I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher.

I bought minecraft in 2019, from the Microsoft store and I have played it until recently when they started their migration and "If you have one, you get the other". I never received Java, and it always said "buy now" over that option. Now, bedrock no longer works, it says "buy now" the same as Java. Why can't I play the game I bought? Why do I keep getting sent from microsoft, to mojang, to microsoft, to xbox over and over? I keep being given the "Oh, Microsoft will fix that" or "Oh, contact mojang, and they'll-" Nope, nothing, nothing at all. They did nothing but check my billing history, and restart the app. I have the receipt for the game from 2019, it's in my email, and I have a screenshot of it onhand. It's however, not in my purchase history on my Microsoft account, and support insists that I could have bought it on another account, despite using the same account for a decade already, and ensuring that I bought the game under the same profile as my Xbox account, just to keep things convenient.

So, now that I've been given the run around by this company, I'm resorting to posting publicly that they have scammed me. I bought a game, I cannot play that game, and now I am upset because they won't simply acknowledge that they messed up, and that I can't play what I bought. One customer support person told me that the game was a "subscription" now, and that I had to subscribe to it. That sounds wrong, am I really to believe that I cannot play the game anymore, despite buying the older version before this new, supposed rule?

:)

DOODLYDEE2006, Sep 29, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher.

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. DOODLYDEE2006 Win User

I'm not allowed to contact support. Even if the region is set correctly, it will not allow me to ask for help and get things resolved.

The virtual agent is not easy to work with.

I believe I am owed Java because Microsoft literally said that I am in one of the newsletters within the launcher.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello DOODLYDEE2006,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with Minecraft Bedrock. It sounds frustrating to have purchased the game and not be able to play it now.

Regarding the migration process, it's important to note that the "If you have one, you get the other" offer only applies to the Java Edition of Minecraft. If you purchased Minecraft Bedrock separately, it would not have been included in this offer.

As for the issue with the game not showing up in your purchase history, it's possible that there was a technical error or glitch that caused it to not appear. However, I can assure you that Minecraft Bedrock is not a subscription-based game, and you should not have to pay for it again if you already purchased it.

I recommend reaching out to Microsoft support again and providing them with your receipt and any other relevant information you have. They should be able to assist you in resolving this issue and getting you back to playing the game you purchased.

Please also see: Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Windows FAQ | Minecraft Help

Follow the guide below to contact support:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  5. DOODLYDEE2006 Win User

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with Minecraft Bedrock. It sounds frustrating to have purchased the game and not be able to play it now.

Regarding the migration process, it's important to note that the "If you have one, you get the other" offer only applies to the Java Edition of Minecraft. If you purchased Minecraft Bedrock separately, it would not have been included in this offer.

As for the issue with the game not showing up in your purchase history, it's possible that there was a technical error or glitch that caused it to not appear. However, I can assure you that Minecraft Bedrock is not a subscription-based game, and you should not have to pay for it again if you already purchased it.

I recommend reaching out to Microsoft support again and providing them with your receipt and any other relevant information you have. They should be able to assist you in resolving this issue and getting you back to playing the game you purchased.

Please also see: Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Windows FAQ | Minecraft Help

Follow the guide below to contact support:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
    My receipt goes back to nothing. I got an email confirmation, with the order number on it, and microsoft says it goes back to nothing. My purchase is not even in their systems, nor is it on my profile. When I give people details, they ignore me. Every single support call has been wasting my time. They don't even try to help me anymore, I explain the situation, give them the number, and they keep pushing on "Oh, maybe you bought it on another account" When this is the only account I have ever used for the past decade. There are no articles that are relevant. Nothing, null, zero. No options tell me how to play the game I bought. Support is a complete joke, if I could even contact the "internal Support Team" they would probably not even help. Every support person is useless, or at least that's what I've been shown the past five times calling them for answers. I have been nothing but polite toned this entire time, and they cannot even give me a solution. They all told me they would "Raise this" to a higher support team, someone with more authority, or specific skills. Instead, I get nothing. They say they'll call me back within a day or two, it's been two already, no call, no open support ticket, nothing.

I have resorted to posting my experience publicly and begging for help with getting Microsoft's attention, because it's not just me who's having this issue. A few others are showing the same problem with their game not registering that it's owned. I am stuck begging community members for help because the billion dollar company can't even afford to provide what people paid for. I was scammed. Microsoft took my money, for a service it didn't give. Support is a joke, and being forced to post on their forums because they can't simply fix something is laughable. I should be allowed to play the game I bought, so why can't they take me seriously? The fact that I have the receipt in my email proves I bought it, even if they cleared the meaning it was attached to. My account's purchase history also seems to not have the game in there, even though it shows purchases made in 2016. Why show the purchases made eight years ago, but not the one made four? I'm getting nowhere with support, this forum, or any other mode of getting help. This forum so far has only told me the same exact things the support team has repeated over and over. Despite that, none of those steps work. Every time I retry, it all ends the same way; Me not being allowed to play.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello DOODLYDEE2006,

I sent you a private message. Kindly reply to it.

Thank you.
Thema:

1. I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher. - Similar Threads - bought Minecraft Bedrock

2. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  3. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  4. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  5. Hi, can I install Minecraft bedrock on my pc if I bought it on my phone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, can I install Minecraft bedrock on my pc if I bought it on my phone?: If not it’s okay, I am a YouTuber, I’m planning to make a livestream playing mancraft haha yes f276c219-da23-42f2-8de5-288147a3d5fa
  6. i have to pay for minecraft bedrock even though i bought the bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have to pay for minecraft bedrock even though i bought the bundle: i bought the java and bedrock and launcher bundle on the microsoft store, but now when i go to the store on xbox, it is telling me to "buy to own". is there any way to resolve this? as i dont want...
  7. Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock are not showing that I have them bought.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock are not showing that I have them bought.: Hi, I originally downloaded and created a Microsoft account for the Nintendo switch version of the game approximately a year ago. Recently, I got a computer and remembered that the java version of...
  8. Bought Minecraft Bedrock and Java but can Only Play Bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Minecraft Bedrock and Java but can Only Play Bedrock?: So I bought both Minecraft Bedrock and Java and can only play Bedrock. I paid for both but it won't let me play Java. Is there any way to be able to play both without paying again? I don't have...
  9. I bought minecraft bedrock AND JAVA and it didnt let me play java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft bedrock AND JAVA and it didnt let me play java: i bought minecraft bedrock and JAVA for 40$ cad but it only lets me play the java demo and when i check the website it only says i own java, even though im 1000000% sure i bought both versions,...
  10. So I bought minecraft bedrock and java but only got bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I bought minecraft bedrock and java but only got bedrock: When i go to the Minecraft launcher and go to MINECRAFT: Java Edition, the button to play just says BUY NOW 3e78842b-4a8d-44b3-b237-6d94ab20cbf5