I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

Discus and support I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zack500, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Zack500
    Zack500 Guest

I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some content is locked and I can't change it! Please someone help me!

:)

Zack500, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Zack500, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Are you using your personal account?

You can reset the XBOX 360 console and log in with your Family Organizer account, that should fix the issue.

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Guide button to open the guide.

Select Settings > System Settings > Console Settings > System Info.

Write down your console serial number (you’ll need to enter it later) and then press the B button.

Select Storage> Select Hard Drive > press the Y button to access Device Options.

On the Device Options screen, select Format.

On the Format Device screen, you’ll see the following message.

Select Yes.

On the Format Hard Drive screen, select Enter Serial Number and then enter the number on the next screen.

Press the Start button.

You’ll see a Formatting in progress message with a progress bar.

After the process is complete, you’ll be returned to the Home screen

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/how-to-reset-or-reformat-console
  3. Patarman767 Win User

Parental controls I didn't set up.

I bought a preowned Xbox 360 with parental controls so I can't play 75 percent of my favorite games
  4. WPAK Win User

How do i remove my parental email address from my childs xbox 360 account?

Hi there,

you can't really remove the parental account untill his account has reached the legal age limit. This based on the birthdate on his account, which can not be changed.

But you can change the parental settings which should allow him to add friends and play games etc without the need of the approval from the parental account.

See this link for the how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
  5. DrMmmPie Win User

Can I password protect my downloads?

6. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX 360 Konto (Mod Translation: XBOX 360 Account)

Thema:

1. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls - Similar Threads - bought 360 used

2. I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds: I bought secondhand xbox 360 r2d2 special edition console but the startup and eject sounds are the standard xbox sounds it has the blue light round the power button so I don't think it's been...
  3. Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?: I was wondering if I could transfer my games and DLC that I bought on my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One, and if so, how? 49e01af5-2245-4305-a4c4-72c471d44745
  4. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  5. I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...: I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360, and I get error code 03-57-00, what do I do? Comentarios 4ad02f52-ba3b-4d89-9388-4eee0b89f68a
  6. i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...: i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls, i have no clue of what they are. what could i do? the hdd also says it has 120gb on the top, but when going to the space, it only...
  7. I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play...: I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play games, I don't have the password. How can I disable? f20da73d-7e10-47ff-95be-ee547834cec2
  8. Hello! Use the XBOX 360. I bought a CD of PLANTS VS ZOMBIES and don't have time to play :( ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello! Use the XBOX 360. I bought a CD of PLANTS VS ZOMBIES and don't have time to play :( ...: Hello! Use the XBOX 360. I bought a CD of PLANTS VS ZOMBIES and don't have time to play :( while checked he was scratched in the console. Is there any way to restore it? or play without him?...
  9. I bought a customization pack on the 360 that I cant use on the Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a customization pack on the 360 that I cant use on the Xbox One: Hey, so I got the steampunk exo pack on the 360, and now that I switched over to the xbox one I cant use it. I downloaded it for "free" over the xbox one dashboard -as it should be- but when I try...
  10. Can I use XBOX 360 bought in India in France with travel adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use XBOX 360 bought in India in France with travel adapter?: Hi, I would like to know if we can use XBOX 360 which is bought in India in France along with the travel adapter? The power supply in both the countries look similar. 230 V 50 Hz. Your help is...