I bought a sd card can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to store and play game off the sd card

Discus and support I bought a sd card can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to store and play game off the sd card in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an sd card thinking it would work on my phone but my phone doesn't have a sd card slot can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to get it working on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VampishKoala599, Oct 18, 2023.

1. I bought a sd card can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to store and play game off the sd card

I bought an sd card thinking it would work on my phone but my phone doesn't have a sd card slot can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to get it working on xbox one by the way it is a 256gb sd card

:)

VampishKoala599, Oct 18, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

I bought a sd card can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to store and play game off the sd card

Hi VampishKoala599! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

According to my personal opinion, you can do it, but there are several factors that you should take into account, the first is that not all SD cards are compatible with Xbox One, so you should verify it on the following page:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/usb-port-use

You must also verify that the adapter is compatible with the speed of your SD card, and the last thing to take into account is that the adapter is also compatible with the Xbox, for this you must contact the manufacturer directly.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. ngocphi Win User

No as it would never be near fast enough

To.use it on your phone you need an OTG adapter not just a reader

SD card readers transfer in mbs

You need hundreds od mis per second for.Most.consoles
  4. ngocphi Win User

At those.costs you are.better off with a Ssd and would.be cheaper per gig and he needs a OTG adapter compatible with extreme speeds which most arent it's usually limited to in computer readers siting on internal USB connected internally to the pci bus not OTG
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

correction, you can get sd cards that have 300 Megabyte per second write speeds and 450 Megabytes per second read speed which is plenty enough to run games from. I use a 512GB SD card on the ps4 and it runs all the games fine. it did codt quite a bit with discount though, but it uses so little power and does not get hot.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

download

That's a physical lock on the side of the SD card, but that's only on standard SD cards, or micro SD cards adapters, you are using the SD card directly right? I forgot that is a surface 3 sorry

Try to format it on Fat32 please
Thema:

1. I bought a sd card can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to store and play game off the sd card - Similar Threads - bought card usb

2. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  3. So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...: So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was told, it told him to go to xbox home, what now? e8d53929-9203-4558-982b-c79241a16cc0
  4. Fortnite vbucks cards bought in shops,,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite vbucks cards bought in shops,,: Please make fortnite vbucks cards redeemable directly from the xbox consol this will increase your customer base for players like me, simplicity is the key here, keep your gamers gaming,, you can...
  5. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  6. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  7. I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...: I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif card but when i go to pay it onky says i have 0.51 how can i fix this 021c67f3-a7d5-4eca-ab41-70235782c6ec
  8. Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...: Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which retailer i bought it from. Turns out it was not activated, how can i now use it?...
  9. I bought a great white shark card yesterday in the Xbox store and I never got my money in...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a great white shark card yesterday in the Xbox store and I never got my money in...: I bought a great white shark card for GTA five and never got the money I bought it yesterday can I still refund It? 5503f846-e52f-440b-bc65-d6f393dff558
  10. Hi, my refund request was approved, however I bought the content with a gift card and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, my refund request was approved, however I bought the content with a gift card and I...: Hi, my refund request was approved, however I bought the content with a gift card and I haven’t received my Microsoft credit back after the refund was approved, could someone help me please?...