I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...

Discus and support I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able to detect and connect to 5ghz wifi . Is there any solution... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Partha Pratim Baruah, Sep 4, 2023.

1. I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...

I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able to detect and connect to 5ghz wifi . Is there any solution or i have to replace the unit?

:)

Partha Pratim Baruah, Sep 4, 2023
  2. ytmkanat Win User

Constant buffering for no reason.

Often this is a problem caused by the fact that the Xbox only has a 2.4 Ghz WiFi receiver built in, and 2.4 Ghz often connects at surprisingly low speeds due to interference in that band. For example, at my house my 2.4 Ghz WiFi bounces between 3 Mbps and
    5 Mbps. The latter is fast enough to play HD, the former is not. So you would see buffering if that was happening to you.
  3. Jonathan Gin Win User

Is there any advantage to upgrading my wireless router?

To Samuel3201 point and your question about 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous. The xbox 360 will not be connected with 2.4/5 GHz simultaneously. Your router being 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous/dual band just means that it will be able to route traffic on both the 2.4 GHz
    and 5 GHz clients at the same time, but not combine them. Think of it as the router having 2 phones and talking to 2 people at the same time as opposed to only have a single phone talking to one person, hanging up and calling another. Also xbox has only released
    wireless adapters that are compatible on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz using the standards b/g (2.4 GHz) a(5 GHz) on the old wireless adapters and then the new wireless adapters can do those other standards plus n(2.4/5 GHz).
  4. virtXXL Win User

Wireless N 5 GHz connection issues

So this is EXACTLY the issue I'm having. Just bought a Cisco/Linksys E4200 for the sole purpose of using the 2.4 Ghz Wifi network for most of my home network needs and using the 5 Ghz network exclusively for streaming Media Center to the Xbox. Bought a new
    black Wifi N dongle for my Xbox 360 Elite, but no luck. I can connect to the 2.4 Ghz network, but get network congestion issues and such-- It sees the 5 Ghz network, but won't connect. I've returned the xbox dongle and replaced it with another to no avail.
    Any ideas? Sounds like a well known problem here-- but didn't ever see a resolution! If its just an issue with the E4200, I may have to return it and get something else. Recommendations? How do I fix this?
  5. The_Last_DJ Win User

I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able to detect and connect to 5ghz wifi . Is there any solution or i have to replace the unit

Hello Partha! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Before sending the console into service, I would suggest checking your router for a setting. There should be a setting for the 5Ghz channel where you can change the channel bandwidth. Increase it to 40Mhz or greater and that might fix it.
  6. Partha Pratim Baruah Win User

I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able to detect and connect to 5ghz wifi . Is there any solution or i have to replace the unit

I have already checked everything you mentioned . My pc & mobile can detect and connection easily . Only the xbox is unable to find 5 ghz wifi.
Thema:

I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...

1. I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able... - Similar Threads - bought Series detect

2. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  3. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  4. I bought a defective xbox series x controller Feb 14, 2024 from Target and they wont...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a defective xbox series x controller Feb 14, 2024 from Target and they wont...: well I bought a xbox series x controller from Target and it worked for a couple of months then both triggers were not working. I tried to take it back to Target for replacement but they told me...
  5. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  6. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  7. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  8. I bought headphones off the Xbox series x and they’re still pending after I bought them...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought headphones off the Xbox series x and they’re still pending after I bought them...: Why is when I bought my headphones Friday it still says pending and it’s Sunday almost Monday and it hasn’t moved and the order said It’ll be shipped by Monday 2a31453c-6be7-4e80-8a8c-d2a354ddea33
  9. Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...: Xbox dev mode activations error c52f5548-aa27-47c1-947a-7b269c339945
  10. bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking...

in XBoX on Consoles
    bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking...: I can hear the sounds on the Xbox screen but can’t see them. cefced86-dea6-473f-946a-8e414487ecdb