I bought a new Gamertag, was charged but it hasn't changed to new one

Discus and support I bought a new Gamertag, was charged but it hasn't changed to new one in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm not sure if it takes a day or two to update or not but I just want no problems and the name to change ce99c61a-4e7f-42da-b617-083332ca77a0 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Will Billison, Mar 4, 2023.

1. I bought a new Gamertag, was charged but it hasn't changed to new one

I'm not sure if it takes a day or two to update or not but I just want no problems and the name to change

:)

Will Billison, Mar 4, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Will, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your gamertag.

When did you make the change please? It can take up to a week for it to fully take effect across your account. To help speed things up you can try deleting then redownloading your gamertag. You can read how to do that via this link https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  3. JennyInTheCity Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

Gamertags has been updated - all new players or those who wish to changed gamertags will now have a n auto generated suffix at the end of their new gamertags. Old gamertags that hasn't been changed are not affected.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Forced GT change

When a forced Gamertag change is imposed, a new Gamertag is automatically assigned to the account free of charge. To change the gamertag chosen for you will cost $9.99
  5. ShirxL Win User

Got a name change, and changed my name. Money taken but my name has not been changed.

Yeah I bought the name charge, but it didn’t change and gave me an error. So I retried changing gamertag and it just changed to the one I wanted. So what I’m guessing happened was I bought the name change, it gave me an error but it basically allowed me to keep the name charge and let me change it using that charge I had bought.
  6. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed

Hi Mellow_x541! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

It happened to me a while ago.

I tried restarting the Xbox and if it still hasn't changed, I clicked on the change gamertag option, entered my new name, and it changed it immediately without asking for another payment.

I think it bought the gamertag change, but now it wants you to enter the same name to use it.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
Thema:

1. I bought a new Gamertag, was charged but it hasn't changed to new one - Similar Threads - bought Gamertag was

2. I bought a gamertag change but my gamertag didn't change, so I bought another assuming I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a gamertag change but my gamertag didn't change, so I bought another assuming I...: I bought a gamertag change but my gamertag didn't change, so I bought another assuming I wasn't charged for the first but I was. How can I get a refund for one of them?...
  3. Does a gift card bought with Rewards points allow a gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does a gift card bought with Rewards points allow a gamertag change?: I currently want to change my Xbox gamertag. However, it requires a code to be used through gift card payment, which I am unsure if one purchased through the Microsoft Rewards program gives you....
  4. Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.: I bought a gamertag change on xbox and it did not go through. I checked me billing history and it says completed, does anyone know why this happens? Im out 10$ and with no name change...
  5. i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt...: i paid for mu gamertag to change and it said i "purchased placeholder" how do i access the name i paid for. e1e3eee9-2288-402a-bf58-c2ceb5bf1d50
  6. I bought a gamertag change and it charged me and didn't change my name.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a gamertag change and it charged me and didn't change my name.: I bought a gamertag change and it charged me and didn't change my name. 5e714d34-a384-4b7c-a790-c8dff42545be
  7. I just bought a series X. I haven't used my gamertag since xbox360, is it still around?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a series X. I haven't used my gamertag since xbox360, is it still around?...: I just bought a series X. I haven't used my gamertag since xbox360, is it still around? Can I get my gamerscore from that account? b748e721-c5b0-4abe-9bd6-cf69021ccc37
  8. Bought New Gamertag But Old Gamertag Still Active

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought New Gamertag But Old Gamertag Still Active: On August 10, 2020... I paid $9.99 for a new gamertag. Since that day, 23 days & counting, I been stuck with the old gamertag dominating my Xbox One X profile & when I chat in parties. As my...
  9. I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...: Hello, I've been playing Minecraft for ages now on the java edition. Some of my friends want to play multiplayer but they have the inferior Xbox version. Apparently in order to play with them I...
  10. I bought Xbox One and I want my old Xbox 360 gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox One and I want my old Xbox 360 gamertag: I have a problem with my gamertag, when a login with my email in the new xbox one console apparently a new gamertag is created, instead of continuing with the gamertag I used in the xbox 360, why...