I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.

Discus and support I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's a Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB, Portable External Hard Drive, USB 3.0, I can't play S and X optimized games, how can I fix this.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wigdor boruff, Jan 7, 2024.

1. I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.

It's a Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB, Portable External Hard Drive, USB 3.0, I can't play S and X optimized games, how can I fix this.

:)

wigdor boruff, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

Series S/X optimized games can only be run from the internal drive or one of the expansion cards created for the consoles. Regular external drives can only store them.
  3. robert marquiss Win User

How to Xbox series x the new one external hard drive doesn't take any updates even when you tell it to how do you do it

The internal hard drive on the new Xbox series x is totally blank there is nothing on the internal hard drive zero zip so all my games are on the external hard drive told the machine to update to the external hard drive it will not update to the external hard drive do I have a defective machine I just bought it does it need to be returned can you help or not and if you can how to!?
  4. ChickenTitan Win User

Loading games off external Hard drive doesn't work (Xbox One)

I Bought a new USB 3.0 cable for the external hard drive and played about three and a half hours of call of duty off the external drive with no problems. It looks like the cable was the problem. Thanks to everybody for the help.
  5. Smwutches Win User

trying to play "Project Gotham Racing" version 2 on an xbox 360s console;- help needed!

The hard drive you bought, is it just an external hard drive or an actual 360 hard drive? If it is a 360 drive, was it bought brand new, or used/from a third party like ebay?
  6. uG87 by RAW Win User

is there a possibility to create a second account on my new external 2,5 SDD

@BookishFlunky90

# It is easy to create a new GAMERTAG, but I want to save everything from the new GAMERTAG on the external hard drive

# The reason why I want to create a new ACCOUNT/GAMERTAG for family members and guests on an external hard drive is:

1. the second Gamertag will get an other email and own XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT

2. I will install different games which I won't play, but family members will play

3. I want to split the games between the hard drive from the XBOX ONE ELITE and the external hard drive

4. so they(user from the new/second GAMERTAG) can install/play what they want on the external hard drive

# U are right that we had more free space on the XBOX 360!
Thema:

1. I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games. - Similar Threads - bought external hard

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  6. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  7. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  8. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  9. i recently bought an external storage expansion for my xbox series s but it keeps crashing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    i recently bought an external storage expansion for my xbox series s but it keeps crashing.: around a month ago i had just gotten a new xbox series s but noticed it lacked storage. so i found a external storage expansion and when it arrived it work perfectly fine up until around 2 weeks...
  10. Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected: So My xbox would say that the usb connection is too weak use a different port and my usual method didnt work so I ordered a new chord once it was delivered I set up my system and it worked and...