I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the...

Discus and support I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it and it errors out with geo restricted message. We both live in the same region and we... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by twlite, Dec 10, 2023.

1. twlite
    twlite Guest

I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the...

I bought minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it and it errors out with geo restricted message. We both live in the same region and we do not have VPN or anything. I am sure I used my physical region (same as my friend) while purchasing the gift.

:)

twlite, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the same region.

Hello, Twlite my name is Oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

It's frustrating when you purchase a Minecraft gift code and your friend encounters a "geo-restricted" error message despite being in the same region as you. Here are some possible reasons and solutions you can try:

Possible Reasons:

Incorrect Region Purchase: Although you're confident about using your physical region, there's a chance the purchase might have somehow registered a different region.

Outdated Store Information: Maybe your friend's Microsoft Store or Xbox Live account information needs updating to reflect the current region.

Temporary Server Issue: Sometimes, temporary issues with the Microsoft servers can lead to incorrect error messages.

Gift Code Expired: Although less likely, check if the gift code has expired and is still valid for redemption.
    Solutions:

Verify the Purchase Region:
    Double-check your purchase receipt or confirmation email to ensure the correct region was selected.

If you purchased the code through a physical store, check the region listed on the card.

Update Account Information:
    Your friend should ensure their Microsoft Store and Xbox Live account region settings match your physical location.
    They can update their region settings through the account settings on either platform.

Wait and Retry:
    Sometimes, waiting a few hours or trying again the next day can resolve temporary server issues.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Minecraft

Hello FernandaGonzalezDK,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you gifted Minecraft for Windows 10 to a friend, but he is unable to redeem the code due to it being from a different region. We have a support article that explains more about

how to resolve issues with gifting a friend a game
    . The section you want to look at is, "The recipient can't redeem the code." Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. nate flowers Win User

Can't redeem Minecraft Java Edition

i bought a minecraft java edition gift card from best buy and tried redeeming it i put in the whole code but it does not redeem
  5. IanWalker6 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 edition

I am trying to redeem a Minecraft windows 10 edition key from the Mojang website.

This is the prompt I am trying to redeem from:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minecraft for Windows 10

You bought Minecraft: Java Edition during a period of time when Minecraft for Windows 10 was included for free. Claim your redeemable gift code by clicking the button below and follow the instructions. As you
    might have guessed, Minecraft for Windows 10 can only be played on Windows 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It allows for users who have purchased the java edition of the game to then redeem a code for the windows 10 edition of the game.

This is the error message that pops up:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error! It looks like we've temporarily run out of gift codes for Minecraft for Windows 10. Don't worry though, more codes should be on their way. Please check back later!

Thanks for any help!
  6. hunterpearson1 Win User

Not letting me refund a fortnite bundle I tried to gift my friend but it didn’t work

I bought it from the gift button in the Xbox store, my friend has tried redeeming the code everyone but it kept saying the code didn’t exist
Thema:

1. I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the... - Similar Threads - bought minecraft gift

2. So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...: So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was told, it told him to go to xbox home, what now? e8d53929-9203-4558-982b-c79241a16cc0
  3. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  4. I bought Minecraft for friends abroad and they cant redeem it, now I want to refund it but...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Minecraft for friends abroad and they cant redeem it, now I want to refund it but...: HELP PLEASE - why is it so hard and frustrating to contact Microsoft support and to get a refund for items bought, and why is there no disclosure that the purchase wont work in another region....
  5. Bought Minecraft as gift with my account and my kid can't redeem it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Minecraft as gift with my account and my kid can't redeem it: Hello, i have bought Minecraft Deluxe edition on Microsoft store as gift for my kid. However when i chose payment method there was no possibility to set Czechia as country for payment profile....
  6. I bought a minecraft gift for my girlfriend and it is geolocked for no reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a minecraft gift for my girlfriend and it is geolocked for no reason: I bought my girlfriend minecraft today so we could play together. We are both Romanians and are currently both living in Ireland. Both our microsoft accounts were made in Romania. Well, after...
  7. I bought Minecraft as a gift but they can't redeem it because their region is wrong?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft as a gift but they can't redeem it because their region is wrong?: Is there a human person working for this company? Please contact me. d7bdd9a0-0a82-4f60-a083-806f86cad489
  8. I bought Minecraft Dungeons as a gift, but it says "It was purchased in a different region...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Dungeons as a gift, but it says "It was purchased in a different region...: The catch is - my account is in Belarus and I was buying gift to an account in Belarus as well. Neither I, nor receiver of a gift (situated in same region as me) could not activate code. We both...
  9. Bought my daughter a minecraft gift code, xboxone says "code already been redeemed"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought my daughter a minecraft gift code, xboxone says "code already been redeemed": Bought my daughter a minecraft gift code, xboxone says "code already been redeemed", cannot find the game down load or anything to do with te game on her xbox one...
  10. I bought Minecraft as a gift yet it doesn't appear for them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft as a gift yet it doesn't appear for them: I bought Minecraft as a birthday gift, but the recipient didn't receive it in their email. How long does it take to process? Thank you for your answer, Romualdas...