I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it

Discus and support I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This is extremely important, I purchased an expensive game, (Forza Horizon 4 and the Fortune Island DLC) and I have come to learn that they cannot play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CloneKiller, Sep 21, 2020.

1. CloneKiller
    CloneKiller Guest

I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it

This is extremely important, I purchased an expensive game, (Forza Horizon 4 and the Fortune Island DLC) and I have come to learn that they cannot play the game at all because of a problem with region locks. And now I cannot refund the game either! I desperately
    need help getting my money back! Please help me! It does not seem to let me get a refund on any of the Xbox or Microsoft websites! Please help!

:)

CloneKiller, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Slezmass1 Win User

unfortunately that is correct for a region lock you need to contact support directly to sort this problem out
  3. ngocphi Win User

All game codes and membership codes

Along with gifted games are region locked

Gifted games do come with this warning this is to prevent fraud since people openly give out their passwords for "free" games this prevents people from monatizing the stolen acounts or to steal money from your account into theirs

It is hoped you dont share accross borders

Support doesnt have the power you will just have to reply to the emajl that denied it

Your only other option for gifting is find an etailer jn his region

Just dont goto shaddy websites
  4. Smwutches Win User

country to country

Gifting through Xbox is region locked. So you cannot send a gift to a friend in another country. You would have to purchase it from another retailer for that country.
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Game

Sorry about that! Your friend will need to be the one that handles this, since it is their purchase. Unfortunately, game content cannot be given as a gift when one user is in a different country from another. They can

request a refund
    and see about another way of gifting you the content.
  6. MCGaminX Win User

How do I redeem a code that was sent from another region?

Hi Jackson,

You cannot redeem the code/gift since it is from a from a different country/region. Your friend can try to contact support for a refund.
Thema:

1. I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it - Similar Threads - bought gift friend

2. I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the...: I bought minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it and it errors out with geo restricted message. We both live in the same region and we do not have VPN or anything. I am sure I...
  3. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  4. Bought a Gift for a friend in Australia and I live in the USA and it will not let him...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a Gift for a friend in Australia and I live in the USA and it will not let him...: I bought an item from the Xbox store on my computer the item was a gift. Now I sent the item to my friend and the account is known to be an Australian account and it let me send the item from my...
  5. My friend bought me a $25 box gift card and I don't know how to apply the $25 to my Roblox game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend bought me a $25 box gift card and I don't know how to apply the $25 to my Roblox game: A friend bought me a $25 Xbox gift card and I do not know how to apply it to my Roblox game can somebody answer that for me we can c2ee80c3-b4dd-4cf4-8bc4-1349ec228f95
  6. My friend bought me gift card And I cant redeem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend bought me gift card And I cant redeem: This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account 6655d7c4-7070-4684-8e00-98365c859db8
  7. My friend bought a subscription for me as a digital code for me and sent it as a gift but...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend bought a subscription for me as a digital code for me and sent it as a gift but...: Link to image: https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/3e90611b-6109-4079-bd53-0e5a63627d7a?upload=true I don't know what to do, I just tried claiming it again still no luck...
  8. A friend bought me a gift but it didn't work.

in XBoX on Windows
    A friend bought me a gift but it didn't work.: A friend bought me a gift but it didn't work when I redeemed it for anyone wondering it's a GTA dlc. df952140-797c-4c92-ae6a-4f6665dce320
  9. I have bought Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® - Battle Pass Edition for a friend as a gift...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I have bought Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® - Battle Pass Edition for a friend as a gift...: Hello, I have bought Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® - Battle Pass Edition for a friend as a gift and it's not the complete game, it's a DLC pack. My friend has activated the redeem code and he...
  10. Friend bought me a gift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a gift: hi a friend from the u.s bought menthe season pass for ark when i redeem the code it says to contact the seller to get a code for my region asbitnwasnt bought in my region contacted xbox and they...