I bought a game for 15 dollars, installed it, and now I can't play it?

Discus and support I bought a game for 15 dollars, installed it, and now I can't play it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Recently I bought an xbox 360 game on my xbox 1 s, Just Cause 2. I left it installing while I ran another game, then when I came back it "finished"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AgencyMGE, Mar 21, 2022.

1. AgencyMGE
    AgencyMGE Guest

Hi. Recently I bought an xbox 360 game on my xbox 1 s, Just Cause 2. I left it installing while I ran another game, then when I came back it "finished" installing. I tried to play it, but I got hit with a "do you own this game?" I was confused and went to the store to see if I had the game. It said I did, but there was a "buy to own" button. I uninstalled the game and went to buy it again, BUT IT DIDN'T SAY I OWNED IT. This basically means I spent 15 dollars on a game, couldn't play it, and when I uninstalled it, I didn't get my money back. I had just wasted 15 dollars. 15 DOLLARS. How can I fix this?

:)

AgencyMGE, Mar 21, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

First, please make sure that the status of the order on your end is completed by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders. Once confirmed, kindly remove and re-add your account to re-sync your game licenses.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
  3. FoomBerry Win User

How Much Does The New Map Pack Cost?

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

Didnt they change the M$ points thing? Isnt it dollars now instead of M$ points? I havent bought anything since the last CoD DLC.

[/quote]

They did. Now sure if it is going to be 20 dollars (1600MSP equivalent) though, the Black Ops 2 DLCs were 15 dollars (1200MSP equivalent).
  4. Its Levels End Win User

What is everyones opinion on Rage 2 so far?

I bought Rage 2 but have not played it yet. I am less then 8 weeks away from Madden 20 being released. How is the original Rage game.. I was thinking about buying it for 15 dollars.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

I can't install a game I bought

Hi, Zoey. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

If I may ask, are you trying to install it on Xbox or PC? Kindly also double check your transaction thru https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders to make sure that you're on the right account where it was purchased.
  6. MyLife4Jehovah Win User

Will You Pay A Monthly Subscription (When You're Already Paying For LIVE)?

I can pay $15 a month for ESO, because I will only play it for a few months to get achievements and to try out expansions for the game when they are released! If you cannot afford $15 dollars a month for a sub fee so be it! $15 dollars is nothing!
Thema:

1. I bought a game for 15 dollars, installed it, and now I can't play it? - Similar Threads - bought game dollars

2. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  3. i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...

in XBoX on Windows
    i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...: it displays launching the xbox app screen for a long time but then it says something went wrong try the update again and error code is 0x80070057 please assist quickly my game pass subscription...
  4. Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded: Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked every possible accounts regions which was...
  5. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  6. Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?: I was wondering if I could transfer my games and DLC that I bought on my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One, and if so, how? 49e01af5-2245-4305-a4c4-72c471d44745
  7. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  8. I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...: I don't know if support for the xbox 360 still continues, but I bought the first Psychonauts game through the official Xbox website and immediately ran to play the game that was added to my...
  9. Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...

in XBoX on Windows
    Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...: Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore because of an 0x87e0000f error while installing. YES IVE TRIED ALL OF THE TROUBLESHOOTING AVAILABLE, DOESNT...
  10. I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?: I bought the cheap game pass and connected ea account but when I click install on madden NFL 24 I have to buy the game c05bb11f-b24f-478b-8b1c-14cc700461fe