I bought a game but it no longer says I own it.

Discus and support I bought a game but it no longer says I own it. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So back when black ops cold war released i bought the game digitally and the game ran perfectly until around a month ago. Now when i try and launch the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TomBailey_2, Nov 7, 2021.

1. TomBailey_2
    TomBailey_2 Guest

So back when black ops cold war released i bought the game digitally and the game ran perfectly until around a month ago. Now when i try and launch the game it just tells me to reinstall it. The issue there is that once i uninstall the game it doesnt actually uninstall an move to my reay to install section of my games and apps. instead it just dissapears completely and doesnt show up in reay to install. I have tried to refresh my games and apps but this doesnt work either.

The game itself says its installed on my external harddrive however it also says '0 out of 4 items are installed' (or somthing along those lines). The harddrive is working perfectly as my other games run fine.

I also found when looking at my purchase history that the game itself is not listed there. Is it somehow possible that i no longer own the game somehow? the microsoft store alos doesnt allow me to install the game from there either, it only asks me to buy the game again. I have purchase history detailing items i have bought in game but the game itself does not show up for some reason.

I have tried almost evey 'solution' available but none have worked. I hope this issue is able to be fixed as i dont want to have to re buy the game.

:)

TomBailey_2, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

If that's the case, the game may have been shared with you and for you to play it again, you will be needing to re-purchase it.
  3. TomBailey_2 Win User

Hi there, thank you for replying. I have checked all possible accounts an still the game doesnt show up.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi TomBailey_2, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

You may have purchased it on a different account of yours because all successful transactions are added to our order history (https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders) and if the game is not visible from there, you may need to check all other possible accounts.
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox says that I no longer own a game that i bought

Hello Duncan G, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Here are some steps you can take to fix the problem:

Check your account and purchase history: Sign in to your Xbox account and verify that you are using the same account you used to purchase The Crew 2 Gold Edition. Please double-check your purchase history to make sure the game appears as a previous purchase. If you see the purchase in your history, it should indicate that you own the game.

Restore Licenses: On Xbox consoles, license issues can sometimes occur, making games appear as if they are not your property. To resolve this, go to the Xbox dashboard and navigate to Settings > Account > License Transfer. Follow the instructions to transfer licenses, which should restore your ownership of the game.

Check for account or subscription issues: If you have an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass subscription, make sure your subscription is up to date and there are no issues with your account. Sometimes subscription or billing issues may temporarily affect game ownership.

Refresh your console: Try power cycling your Xbox console. Turn off the console, unplug the power cord from the back, and wait 10 to 15 seconds. Then, plug the power cord back in and turn on the console. This can help update the system and resolve any temporary issues.

Contact me again if the problem persists.

Best regards.
  6. onyxishere Win User

It says i no longer own the game

Sorry to hear you're having issues. If you purchased the game on your tag then try the steps listed below. Move to the next option if one doesn't work.

1. Power cycle by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down.

2. Delete the game and reinstall it.

3. Factory reset the console (there is an option to keep installed games/apps)

4. If all else fails and you did purchase the game on your account then call phone support for more assistance. Click this link to get the number for your region http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false
Thema:

1. I bought a game but it no longer says I own it. - Similar Threads - bought game longer

2. I no longer own a game that I bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I no longer own a game that I bought: A while ago I had the game Subnautica in my Xbox library but one day when I went to reinstall the game I lost it and now I only have below zero and on my PC it says I can install the game but it...
  3. Xbox says that I no longer own a game that i bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox says that I no longer own a game that i bought: A year or two ago I bought the crew two gold edition and I recently redownloaded it but now it says that I no longer own the game e118e54c-0e8e-421d-a950-4ac01ac4e4dd
  4. i bought a game and it is no longer showing up in my owned games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought a game and it is no longer showing up in my owned games: in 2019 i bought portal 2 for the xbox 360 and now it isn't showing up in my xbox one or 360 games, this exact same problem even happened to my brother with the first assassins creed game...
  5. Game I've bought is no longer on my Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game I've bought is no longer on my Xbox one.: I bought a digital download of Need for speed rivals back in 2018 off the Xbox store. Have never had any issues with it or any other game I have. Wanted to play today, and it was just gone. I went...
  6. Bought game telling me I no longer own it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought game telling me I no longer own it: Ok so this is really upsetting i bought Assassins Creed Valhalla Ultimate edition. After last nights update (i havent played in a couple weeks) i go to play and it tells me i need to buy the game...
  7. i bought a game and i can no longer play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought a game and i can no longer play it: i bought sword art online fatal bullet a while back before it was on gamepass. when it came to gamepass i started having issues with loading it so uninstalled and re-installed it and the problem...
  8. No longer able to access a game I’ve bought previously

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer able to access a game I’ve bought previously: Several years ago, i bought Skyrim on my Xbox 360. Recently, when i tried to play it abain for the first time in months, i received an error message, so i uninstalled it with the intent to...
  9. Is it possible to get a refund for DLC bought for game pass games that are no longer available?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to get a refund for DLC bought for game pass games that are no longer available?: Recently bought 2 expansions for cities skylines and now it looks like the game is no longer available. Is it possible to get a refunds for the DLC or did I get totally scammed? Either way at...
  10. Bought game and no longer own it..

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought game and no longer own it..: Hi, in late September of 2019 I purchased Ark Survival Evolved on the PC Microsoft store and i went to re-download the game yesterday and it does not give me the option to download the game... If...