I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

Discus and support I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sebas Victoria, Jan 2, 2024.

1. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With this, I never downloaded GTA 5 with either gamepass or the disc itself until now. Recently I went through my games and found it again and decided to download it, upon launching it say I need to renew my Xbox gamepass, which is irritating to say the least as I haven't had gamepass for a really long time. Can someone please help me out? I just wanna play some GTA.

:)

Sebas Victoria, Jan 2, 2024
  2. GPT LA RONDELLE Win User

MW3 version downloaded on xbox live market

Mister Darcy,

I've bought the French download version of the game MW3 on xbox live market, I installed the update and I can't play multiplayer.

I called the local xbox live support, they say it's Activision's problem !

When I call Activision, they say it's a problem with the update for the download version on xbox live market (other players told me that multiplayer on xbox live only works with the disc version of the game).

So yesterday, I bought the disc version of the same game and I installed it on the hard drive, i also installed the update (different update from the download version) and now, i can play multiplayer without any problem.

If I remove the disc from tray and I try to play again with the download version of MW3, I can't play multiplayer. You got it ?

I'll post a video on youtube soon.

The problem is solved !

I wasted my money wasted on xbox live market, as simple as that.
  3. oneway_dj Win User

External hard drive/Xbox one

I don’t know I hope not but I just got it maybe last year or 2020 I think I got it never had no issues until I upgraded to Xbox game pass unlimited soon as it updated and download it one of the games everything just went crazy and I bought a Seagate and it’s made by Microsoft so what they tell you
  4. KaoticChemistry Win User

GTA IV: TBOGT

Yeah, it's worth it.

I personally enjoyed it much, much more than the main game.

You downloading it or buying the disc version? Got the disc version myself as it also comes with the Lost & Dammed dlc plus it plays independantly of the main game that way (I have since traded in GTA IV)
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Problems with game disc stripping

Hello , I have the GTA V game for Xbox One on physical media for a few years now and it is peeling and I can't play anymore because the Xbox does not read the disc. I was wondering
    if I can get a digital version of the game to compensate for the poor quality of the disc. Other games are also peeling and soon I will lose them too.
    No. The only way to get a digital version if all you have is the disc version would be to purchase said digital version.
  6. MarvinaPerez Win User

I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass still never downloading. I haven't has gamepass for over 2 possibly 3 now and it says I need to renew my gamepass

Hello Sebas,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I understand that you are frustrated because you can't play GTA 5 after purchasing it on disc. Here are some tips that can help you fix the problem:

Make sure you have the correct version of the game. GTA 5 is available in two versions: the standard version and the Premium version.

If you have the standard version, you won't be able to play the content online, which is what Game Pass requires.

If you have the Premium version, you should be able to play the game without any problems.

Make sure the disc is clean and free of damage. If the disc is dirty or damaged, it may cause problems with the installation or operation of the game.

Clean the disc with a soft, lint-free cloth. If the drive is visibly damaged, it may need to be replaced.

Update your Xbox console.

Microsoft releases regular updates for its consoles that can fix problems and improve performance.

Make sure you have the latest update installed.

Try installing the game from scratch.

If you had problems installing the game, try installing it again.

This can fix any issues that may be causing the problem.

Source:https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-faq

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
Thema:

I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

1. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass... - Similar Threads - bought disc version

2. I bought the disc for mw3 and the first one and it’s telling me I have to pay for it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the disc for mw3 and the first one and it’s telling me I have to pay for it again: I bought the disc for mw3 and modern warfare and it’s telling me I have to pay for it again 37ef9160-de96-45cb-804a-ac0ce185d514
  3. Just bought modern warfare ii and once disc was installed and updated xbox is asking me to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought modern warfare ii and once disc was installed and updated xbox is asking me to...: Hi all As the header states Just bought modern warfare ii and once disc was installed and updated xbox is asking me to buy it again f10115d4-3c84-4fb8-bc0a-06fb7e7c02f3
  4. How to access the dlc I bought and make the disc accept it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to access the dlc I bought and make the disc accept it: I've bought a DLC for dragon Ball xenoverse 2 ... The dlc is called Extra pack 2 I installed it but when I go to the game it shows nothing Even though it says installed The game isn't...
  5. Can I play Forza motorsport 1-4 on my series x? I bought the discs but I didn't research...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Forza motorsport 1-4 on my series x? I bought the discs but I didn't research...: I bought the discs for Forza motorsport 2-6 and I was wondering if Forza motorsport 2 would work on the series x. f4afeeb6-f683-4e08-82c8-403f1920c970
  6. Can I download a digital version of forza motorsport 6 on my Xbox s when I bought the disc...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download a digital version of forza motorsport 6 on my Xbox s when I bought the disc...: I got Forza Motorsport 6 for the old family Xbox One Elite and I just recently purchased the Xbox Series S and I know the game can no longer be purchased but I own the physical copy and had played...
  7. Bought deluxe edition disc version of Hogwarts Legacy.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought deluxe edition disc version of Hogwarts Legacy.: Am level 9. Still dont have option of dark arts appearance in gear. Latest patch updated, reset game and console many times. Any help appreciated? 0df81d13-5003-48e1-a498-dc27ea4dbfcb
  8. I just bought the disc version and went to install it but nothing is popping up, like there...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought the disc version and went to install it but nothing is popping up, like there...: I just bought the disc version and went to install it but nothing is popping up as if there isn't a disc in the console fecb42fc-cbe7-43f1-99e1-d2698ea01cd4
  9. Bought disc (with DLC) after playing Game Pass version. Won't install game from disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought disc (with DLC) after playing Game Pass version. Won't install game from disc and...: How do I get rid of the game pass version (Fallout New Vegas, if it matters) so that I can play from disc and access the DLC? The DLC is installed, but game shows "Game Pass" on launch screen and...
  10. Bought download version - want disc version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought download version - want disc version: Hey all, 5 minutes ago I bought Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition. Too late I realized that I bought the download version. Is it possible to cancel this and buy the disc version? Best regards....