I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.

Discus and support I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi As of today I have noticed that I have been logged out of everything that I had been logged into with Microsoft. When I try to log back in it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Cal Jordan, May 6, 2023.

1. Cal Jordan
    Cal Jordan Guest

I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.

Hi

As of today I have noticed that I have been logged out of everything that I had been logged into with Microsoft. When I try to log back in it says that my email doesn't exist, and I did check the account recovery and it found nothing. I tried to reset my password and it said that cant. and I must send an email too an email address that ended in @rambler.ru. Which I do not recognize.

I selected create a new account and made an account with my original email, at this point I did not realize that it was not my real account because when I tried to sign into Minecraft for instance, It said that I had not purchased it, even though I have. I realized that I had made a whole new account and the account recovery would now check this new account I have. I deleted the new account. Is there a way to see what passed emails were on accounts? Because I believe mine was changed on my original account and I cannot access it anymore. If there is an email or contact I could use to send my email, that would be great (I am outside the US).

Thank you

:)

Cal Jordan, May 6, 2023
  2. Wille M. Win User

You are welcome, Cal Jordan :)

Hoping that everything works out for the best. Hugs!.
  3. Cal Jordan Win User

Hi

Thank you so much for helping me. I tried the account recovery and entered in the card that I paid with for Minecraft a few years back, but it just gave me the new account I made so I think I have just lost it completely now. Thanks so much for the help, but I was unsuccessful. I don't know if maybe phoning Microsoft for help would work
  4. Cal Jordan Win User

Thank you very much I will have a look into it.
  5. Wille M. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I'm sorry you're having this issue, as I understand your concerns about the privacy of your account and how annoying not being able to access it can be. Situations where our email account with personal information, contacts, messages and even our documents are really involved are a little more delicate.

When the hacker manages to change the password, and the account alias, it is because he also has access to security information, as well as, cell phone, alternative email that you yourself registered in your account.

Unfortunately, when the hacker manages to change the account's security information, the account is hardly recoverable. That's why it's very important to keep your security info up to date and use different passwords across all platforms.

Even if you create the account with the same domain as before, you will not be able to view your games, subscriptions and emails, as it is a new account.

I'm a user like you and there's not much I can do in the community as visibility is public. Contact MSA Support and see if you can follow the Account Takeover (ATO), investigation is done on a case-by-case basis.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Hoping that everything works out for the best.

I hope I helped you. Hugs!
  6. Wille M. Win User

Hi Cal

I'm sorry to be experiencing this problem, unfortunately, there's not much you can do. I'm an independent advisor, but a user like you in Microsoft community.

The tip I give you is: Always keep your accounts safe, activate two-step verification, activate passwordless entry, use Microsoft Authenticator, always have 3 to 4 security options in your account, avoid registering your email at any website and always use different passwords.
Thema:

1. I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too. - Similar Threads - believe accounts been

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in: So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and the same headset so I don't believe this is...
  4. A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...

in XBoX on Windows
    A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...: How do I finout if my account was hacked, a game was purchased but not by me, I believe my account was hacked a0ad8456-3944-476e-ad93-246b573628b3
  5. I believe my minecraft account got hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my minecraft account got hacked.: I haven't played for a long time and it seems these pesky hackers got my minecraft account out of nowhere. I have proof as there is an email for it as shown in the screenshot. I tried the account...
  6. I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...: I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the resolution set in the xbox but I could be wrong. What can/should i do? e3649c21-c662-4599-907a-968aa551fe07
  7. I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...: My gamertag is "Pills" not spelled any differently; I believe I was forced name changed but have yet to see a notification about it. Some people have told me they will get my gamertag banned...
  8. Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...: Please if anybody knows a fix I'd love to hear it. Could my power supply be slowing down my xbox speeds? I've tried clearing cache 3 times and hard resetting it multiple times so please dont...
  9. I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...: My Xbox one s which I got a few years ago has been in a reboot cycle for a while now (about 8-9 months or more). It started when everything was normal but then one time when I turned on my Xbox it...
  10. My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...: My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe I have to purchase them again. 9e725e6a-03a2-45cc-b77d-0b4f98b36d3c