I attempted to change my gamertag more than 3 week ago. It still has not reflected...

Discus and support I attempted to change my gamertag more than 3 week ago. It still has not reflected... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was able to successfully change my gamertag (system said so), but I ran into problems immediately after. My new gamertag wouldn't display and it's... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by anon_566, Aug 10, 2023.

1. anon_566
    anon_566 Guest

I attempted to change my gamertag more than 3 week ago. It still has not reflected...

I was able to successfully change my gamertag (system said so), but I ran into problems immediately after. My new gamertag wouldn't display and it's still the case now. An Independent Advisor replied to my first post, saying that it takes a few days for gamertags to update; however, it has been more than 3 weeks now. I'm at a loss about what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Link to my original post (July 17, 2023) for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-it-said/1f11cd99-9c66-4d13-af61-faa1a96f783f

:)

anon_566, Aug 10, 2023
  2. melanie brown2 Win User

I attempted to change my gamertag more than 3 week ago. It still has not reflected throughout the system. Does anyone know why this is an issue?

hi. my name is mel and i am an independent advisor. have u signed into xbox.com and checked that the new gametag is reflected in there? if it is you may have to do a reboot of your xbox console too see if it reflects the change after this.
  3. anon_566 Win User

My gamertag is still the same although it said yesterday that I was able to successfully change it. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Hello, it's been 3 weeks and the gamertag change has not reflected throughout the system yet. Please help me fix this.

Thanks!
  4. OpticRJames Win User

If my account is linked on xbox 360 and series x, do both gamertags change if i change it one of of the consoles

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

It should reflect the new Gamertag if you have changed it on the Xbox 360 console. This Gamertag should reflect on the website or on a newer console. You will need to pay the Gamertag change fee in order to do this.
  5. KavxA Win User

Got a new gamertag a week and a half ago but it shows below my old one when you view my profile and when I join parties my old one shows up. Anyone know how I make my new gamertag my main?

Update: it has been 2-3 weeks since I changed my gamertag and still no change , the old one is still showing up as my main.
  6. Lyttania Win User

Xbox gamertag name change

is there a way for me to know what gamertags i changed from?

i was sure i changed it a week ago but my old gamertag is still active
Thema:

1. I attempted to change my gamertag more than 3 week ago. It still has not reflected... - Similar Threads - attempted change gamertag

2. code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS: Trying to download and install MSFS after purchase through MS store. Receive error code 0x89235106 This is occuring on a network where the resource is likely blocked. What resource/ip addresses...
  3. (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?: It is Windows 10. I did a check for an update yesterday and there were none so I was fully up to date. This morning I am getting an error. (0x80070643) I ran the troubleshooter for updates....
  4. My Xbox one takes multiple attempts to connect to the internet. My TV connects just fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one takes multiple attempts to connect to the internet. My TV connects just fine.: My Xbox one takes multiple attempts to connect to the internet. My TV connects just fine. Is this a problem with a setting. Most of the time I want to say it automatically connected, but not...
  5. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  6. security info change glitch..when attempting to sign into my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    security info change glitch..when attempting to sign into my xbox account: I recently changed the phone number linked to my Microsoft account, since then I have been unable to sign into my xbox account, I can login to my Microsoft account on my phone and computer with no...
  7. I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...: The old Gamertag: 26; what i changed it to; ; the tag i got: 8645. Please Help! 07bce97f-09fc-4b47-bd1c-4aa0496f5cf1
  8. Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!: Reminder: Contact us at Microsoft support We' re having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out. f2979b08-6748-4c2b-bc48-45b8bd74a1e1
  9. Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass: I'm trying to sign up for XBOX game pass, but I can't change the country/region when doing so. I'm not in the US, and Game pass is available in Norway. The drop-down menu to change the...
  10. How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to...: How can I bypass the ‘too many attempts’ trying to change an Xbox to ‘home xbox’? I need to be able to share my gamepass with my second xbox. Any help would be great!! TIA!!...