I am unable to unbind the share button on my controller and it's anti-accessibility

Discus and support I am unable to unbind the share button on my controller and it's anti-accessibility in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I hit the button all the time because my fingers and joints weren't properly formed and I don't have enough of a range of movement to comfortably and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Bitterlight117, Aug 29, 2021.

1. I am unable to unbind the share button on my controller and it's anti-accessibility

I hit the button all the time because my fingers and joints weren't properly formed and I don't have enough of a range of movement to comfortably and consistently press the start or select button while playing and I have to constantly take time to go and delete clips or screenshots I never wanted to take, it's a problem with my normal handed friends as well, but it's overwhelmingly obnoxious for people like me.

It's getting to the point that I'm considering modifying my controller or taking it apart to remove the button. I want to be able to hold it to take a clip or a screenshot, and to unbind it for tapping. I feel like not having the option to unbind a button has been so standard for decades that this shouldn't be an issue

submitted by /u/Bitterlight117
    [link] [comments]

/u/Bitterlight117, Aug 29, 2021
  2. Peter24_462 Win User

How do I unbind the share button on my xbox controller?

I got a bit fed up but regardless I appreciate the information, I'll think about it and weigh the options. Do you know of a way I could somehow bring this issue up with someone who could act on fixing it?
  3. SammyVS Win User

4. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you, mate?

Sadly, so far it is not possible to disable this button but a workaround that might help you is to disable the GAME DVR.

To disable Xbox Game DVR on your Xbox One, hit the Xbox button and head to Settings. Joystick down to ‘Preferences, then select ‘Capture & share’. Toggle the first option, ‘Allow game captures’, from ‘Captures by me or games’ to ‘Don’t capture’ to disable Xbox Game DVR. Alternatively, you can toggle this option to ‘Captures by me’.
  5. BizarroMantis Win User

Is Xbox One Controller of Poor Quality?

I don't like sharing my controller with anyone. I have a guest controller. When they're done I sanitize it with an anti-bacterial wipe.
  6. JokarOM Win User

Microsoft Ultimate word games

Is there a problem with cloud share? I am unable to save my data to the cloud, as it keeps saying it is unable to access the cloud server.
    Perhaps you have problem cnnection to the internet
Thema:

I am unable to unbind the share button on my controller and it's anti-accessibility

1. I am unable to unbind the share button on my controller and it's anti-accessibility - Similar Threads - unable unbind share

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  10. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...