I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that...

Discus and support I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to install a game on the Xbox application on PC on Windows 11. The game is at 0% completion and is not progressing. I am unable to cancel... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by packertheis, Jul 7, 2023.

1. packertheis
    packertheis Guest

I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that...

I am trying to install a game on the Xbox application on PC on Windows 11. The game is at 0% completion and is not progressing. I am unable to cancel or pause the installation. There is another game in the installation queue that I cannot move either.

I have tried Repair and Reset options in the system settings options for both the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app.

I also have uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox app.

There is also a powershell command to run to help download the Gaming Services from the Microsoft store, that did not work.

I am at a point where none of the installations are working and the games I do have installed are not showing up in my games list.

:)

packertheis, Jul 7, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that installation from the queue and restart it?

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that installation from the queue and restart it?

Hello packertheis,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having issues with the Xbox apps installation process.

Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

- Go to the My games & apps section on the app and select Queue.

- Find the installation that you want to remove and press the Menu button on your controller.

- Select Cancel installation from the menu and confirm your choice.

- Go back to the My games & apps section and select Ready to install.

- Find the game or app that you want to reinstall and press the A button on your controller.

- Select Install from the menu and wait for the installation to complete.

Please see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know. Have a great day!
  4. Francia J. Win User

GTA V stopped installation

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If you cancel the installation you will not be able to continue where you left off, the option you should have chosen is "pause". No worries, in this case, you can simply start the installation again by going to "My games and apps" > Full Library > Owned games.
  5. gsanjay4u Win User

Can't Play. Error: 0xc00d11cd (0x80004005)

I just got this error recently and since, I have been unable to play music via clicking to play in the app. I can bypass this however by selecting a song in "my computer." When I do this, I am unable to pause, play or do anything inside the app. I must close
    the app to stop the song from playing. Has anyone else been having this problem? YEs, I have installed recent updates and yes I have uninstalled/installed the app.
  6. Tanture Win User

The outer worlds' downloading is stuck at 24%

Sorry to hear it. As this is the beta app there are still issues to be fixed. If you are unable to download the game from the app then cancel it and open the Store App from the start menu and find the game there to install
    When I canceled and used store app to download the game, I started and stuck at 24% again
Thema:

1. I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that... - Similar Threads - unable start pause

2. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  3. Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with servers: I'm trying to play Coral island on my Xbox series S, I just played it last night with no issues, but now as of 1:24 pm EST. I'm getting a failed to start cloud gaming session unable to communicate...
  4. I was on Xbox gaming and it said “Unable to start gaming session” and for my brother it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was on Xbox gaming and it said “Unable to start gaming session” and for my brother it...: It is not working and for my brother it was working fine 56a61565-1090-4c48-abd8-9bd44bbd86ad
  5. Unable to start up brand new Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to start up brand new Xbox series X: I’m trying to start up a new Xbox series X and it won’t even download the initial update. I get error code 0x8007045D, 0x00000000 and 0x90060006. I have tried power cycling several times....
  6. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  7. I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support: I'm having an issue with my Xbox Series X and I'd like Xbox support to investigate. However, I'm unable to contact support. I logged in to my Microsoft account, went to devices, get service,...
  8. Fortnite on Xbox Cloud error - "Couldn't start your cloud gaming session. Unable to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite on Xbox Cloud error - "Couldn't start your cloud gaming session. Unable to...: Xbox Cloud Gaming won't start a Fortnite session. I've been getting a "Couldn't start your cloud gaming session. Unable to communicate with servers. Please try again." error for about a month now....
  9. After the last update (on August 2nd, 2023) unable to start the MS Solitaire & Casual Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After the last update (on August 2nd, 2023) unable to start the MS Solitaire & Casual Games...: After the last update (on August 2nd, 2023) unable to start the MS Solitaire & Casual Games app. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, fix through the Windows. Nothing helped. What else should I do?...
  10. Unable to start Mincecraft Education on Mac. Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to start Mincecraft Education on Mac. Please help!: Unable to start Mincecraft Education on Mac. Error message appears that says “minecraftpe has quit unexpectedly” each time I open application after download. Please help! I have paid for the...