I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

Discus and support I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnitedVase15222, Apr 2, 2024.

1. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-wireless-headset-repair/ed6c30ec-7883-4c1a-8e7a-

bcaccb70cb55

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...y-claim/555a5b2d-7175-4448-b9c0-7782c0ebb503.

As you can see I'm not the only one with this problem. I would like to get it replaced but have been unable to so far. This is pretty unacceptable seeing as how common this problem is and the fact that Microsoft seems to conveniently never mention it.

:)

UnitedVase15222, Apr 2, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap happend to me.

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox wireless headset.

Just a gentle reminder that we are only Xbox gamers here in the community just like you. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have tools to access any Microsoft System.

Based on your description and the links you provided, I highly recommend you reach out directly to Microsoft Xbox Support for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this and possibly create a warranty replacement order for your headset:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

Please make sure to provide them the serial number, screenshots of your headset and the detailed description of the issue.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. JumpOffJustin Win User

Cannot hear voices through headset

I am having the same issue.

The headset mute and volume buttons are responding but the system doesn't display having a headset in.
  4. Big.Sugar Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Warranty claim

Update: My issue has been now been resolved. I was able to send in my broken headset and was issued a replacement that I received a few days ago.

• Please see the link below to my forum post on the issue and how I was able to get a replacement headset. I hope it is helpful to you in your process.
    I have the EXACT same issue. I bought the XBox Wireless Headset from the Microsoft Store just 2 months ago in Jan 2022. It is still under warranty.

Yesterday as I adjusted it, the microphone arm snapped in the same place as you folks, in the plastic housing where the mute button is located.

The warranty claim service is denying me the claim because it is physical damage, but it is not damage caused by me such as dropping the headset. I sent pictures to show the damage and have requested the issue escalated. I'm still waiting to hear back.

After reading this post I feel validated that the issue is not only with me, and I'm sure many other folks are having the same problem as well. I made my own post about this issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...uct-poor/4de76c35-0631-4c9c-bf91-def6ee3caf3a

And referenced this post in it. I hope we can get someone to pay attention and address this properly. Either the headset design is fundamentally flawed, or we got a really poor batch with weaker plastic, as this is happening within the last month.
  5. VAMPIRUSUNUM Win User

Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted

I notice the same issues happen to me only when I am using a wireless headset once I plug a cord one the mute icon goes away.
  6. Continue using my Co Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Warranty claim

I bought the headset on March 19, 2022 direct from the Microsoft web site. I've only had it a month. I am currently going through the same issue.

I was able to get a warranty claim and I'm sending in my headset.

Never dropped the headset.

I only noticed the issue because I was getting a constant static/feedback whenever the microphone picked up my voice or any background noise. It was coming through on Xbox Live and the Mic Monitoring.

I think the plastic housing for the microphone is cracking from the pressure of muting the microphone or moving your finger around to press where the mute button it located. Everyone here has a near identical issue with the mic boom housing. That is where the mute button is located. Otherwise its from maneuvering the mic boom when in use.

Overtime the plastic part is cracking from repeated use. It's the only thing that makes any sense.

I'll try to be more careful with the replacement.

It's probably a design flaw.
Thema:

I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

1. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap... - Similar Threads - unable issue warranty

2. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  3. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  4. Hello, I have had this issue for a few months. I am unable to view my friends on the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I have had this issue for a few months. I am unable to view my friends on the game...: [img] I have tried signing out of the widget and the Xbox App, but nothing will make it work. 48eeea16-87ed-44ae-b49d-ac6d4fe07780
  5. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  6. UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.: I have been incorrectly charged twice every month for my Game Pass subscription since May 2022. This is unacceptable and obviously I want a refund. Customer Support to get the root of this...
  7. How do I fix an internet issue with my Xbox being unable to download updates or most types...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix an internet issue with my Xbox being unable to download updates or most types...: We recently got a new modem at home, it was fine for the first few days but now I am unable to play games, and updates simply do not install. The NAT type on the Xbox says it is a double NAT but...
  8. I've been having an issue with Halo MCC on Steam, I am unable to play the campaigns with him.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been having an issue with Halo MCC on Steam, I am unable to play the campaigns with him.: The more specific part I'll mention here is that we are both on separate versions of Windows. I am on Windows 11 and he is on Windows 10, I think this is why we're experiencing technical issues....
  9. Xbox beta issue with Xbox one unable to unenroll in the beta

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox beta issue with Xbox one unable to unenroll in the beta: Hi I have a Xbox one I bought recently and I can remove it from your os beta and need some help so if you could help me with that I would be delighted submitted by /u/Tron6857 [link] [comments]
  10. Unable to reinstalling Flight Sim 2020 P.Deluxe on a new PC, 'redeem code' is the issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to reinstalling Flight Sim 2020 P.Deluxe on a new PC, 'redeem code' is the issue.: Uninstalled Flight Sim 2020 Premium Deluxe on my old PC. Installed it on a new PC. But the instalation stops on 'redeem code' 'already done'. Game from 10 DVD's, not from XBox. How do I get past...