I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.

Discus and support I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently restore my windows and since then i have been unable to install any games on the Xbox App. I have tried mutiple differenet solutions form... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by simon halford, Sep 17, 2023.

1. I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.

I recently restore my windows and since then i have been unable to install any games on the Xbox App. I have tried mutiple differenet solutions form the internet and nothing seems to work. And the Only Error code i kept getting is 0x80070005.

I have uninstalled the app, sign out and in again, uninstalled the windows store app and inreinstalled,

Also my App is on my main drive and the games were stored on external which i have no issues with.

Could i please get some help thanks.

:)

simon halford, Sep 17, 2023
  2. simon halford Win User

Hi,

Thank you for your help, unfortuanatly i have just all the above suggestions with no change. I have tried to download a diffrent game via the Xbox App and upon 100%download i get the same error with the same code.

Is there anything else i could do as i am at a lose.

Thank you inadavnce.
  3. ReeceLad Win User

Hi Simon

The error 0x80070005 occurs when the system or user lacks the required files or permissions to change settings at the time of the Windows update.

Here is some troubleshooting that might fix this problem.

Solution 1
    Check if doesn't have any corrupt files on the windows.
    1-Right-Click on Start then click on Windows Powershell (admin)
    2- Type these commands.
    sfc /scannow (and press Enter)
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (and press Enter)
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (and press Enter)

3- The DISM tool will report whether the image is healthy, repairable, or non-repairable. If the image is repairable, you can use the /RestoreHealth (Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth) argument to repair the image.

Solution 2
    It might be that something went wrong with the update files itself. Clearing the folder where all of the
    update files are stored will force Windows Update to download fresh files.
    Here how to clear update database cache, reset windows update components to the default setup.

1-Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok to open windows services.
    2-Scroll down and look for windows update service.
    3-Right-click on it and select stop.
    4-Also, do the same with BITs (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) and Superfetch (superfetch now called sysmain) right-click and select stop.
    5-Now Go to the following location C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.
    6-Delete everything inside the download folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
    To do so, press CTRL + A to select everything and then press Delete to remove the files.
    Again open windows services and restart the services (windows update, BITS) which you previously stopped.
    7-Reboot and try again

Solution 3
    Reinstall the Microsoft Store.
    1-Right click on Start.
    2-Click on Windows PowerShell(admin)
    3-Type:
    Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} and press ENTER.
    4-Reboot your pc and try open the Microsoft Store.

Solution 4
    If none of the procedures fix the problem, you can perform the repair upgrade using the Media Creation tool, this procedure will repair all Windows files.
    1-Download the media creation tool.
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    2-Run the tool and select 'Upgrade this pc now'
    3-Select the option 'Keep all my files and apps'
    4-Then click to update.

Regards, Reece
  4. Digitalhigh20 Win User

Can't install games

I can confirm I'm having the exact same issue. I can install and play other Game Pass games, but am specifically unable to install Slay the Spire.

Interestingly enough the Xbox for PC app seems to think the game is already installed on my computer as it displays in my game list within the app (left hand navigation pane). Though, if I hit "Play" nothing happens.

I've restarted my PC.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Xbox app.

I've tried clicking the "uninstall" option presented to me (since the app thinks it's already there).

None of these are working
  5. LokeshDokara Win User

All text is bug_me in Injustice 2

I am playing on Windows 11 PC. Installed the game using Xbox App.
  6. memorialknave Win User

Installing games with Xbox app

Thanks for the answer,

I am unable to install this app as microsoft store will not install apps either
Thema:

1. I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC. - Similar Threads - unable install games

2. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  3. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  4. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  5. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  6. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  7. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  8. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  9. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...
  10. Unable to install any games due to gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install any games due to gaming services: I purchased game pass on 09/06/23 to play Starfield. It stated that I needed to download gaming services. I did that and restarted. It continually says that Gaming services has to be downloaded. I...