I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

Discus and support I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ConfusedFrog623, Jan 3, 2024.

1. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft.

I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked.

Every single time I try to install a game through the Microsoft Store, it states that 'To play games with your PC, we need to install some gaming components' but once it gets to 97%, it stops and comes up with an error message saying 'Couldn't install app, something happened on our end'

I am also unable to open the Xbox app, as it comes up with Error Code: 0x80073cf9

I would guess that the issue is that my laptop cannot install or update the 'gaming components' whatever they might be.

I have tried installing Minecraft through it's website, using the MinecraftInstaller but it comes up with 'updating windows', 'downloading', and then 'we weren't able to install the app (80070490)'.

I have also tried clearing the cache for the Microsoft store, repairing and restarting it through settings,

restarting my laptop, trying other games on Game Pass to see if they work (they don't), I troubleshooted 'Find and fix problems with Microsoft Store apps' in Settings (nothing was wrong).

My system should be capable of downloading Minecraft, as I have 890GB free.

I use one account on this laptop, I have no external drives attached, it is an Acer laptop.

I am running Windows 11, everything is up to date, except 'Gaming Services', as when I try to update it using the Microsoft Store, it says 'Something happened on our end' and fails to update/install, this may be the problem.

Every other problem I have had over the years with Microsoft and Xbox I fixed through looking on the internet for solutions and documentation of the problem, but I cannot seem to find a solution that works for my problem, please tell me if I'm being stupid or if you know of any potential fixes.

I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store [​IMG]

I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store [​IMG]

:)

ConfusedFrog623, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Joe, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Afterwards, please, download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

Let me know if it works!
  4. ConfusedFrog623 Win User

I have attempted both of these but the XBOX App continues to not work, coming up with the same error message.

When I tried running Command Prompt as administrator, as this is what it said I had to do to use 'sfc /scannow', it scanned and said 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.'

I wonder if I should contact Currys PC World for assistance with my problem, as that is where I purchased the laptop from.

Thank you for your help again, Rodrigo
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I am glad the Minecarft installation worked.

As for the XBOX App, have you tried to run a system scan?

Please, open the Terminal window and type in: sfc /scannow

If any error is found, follow the prompts to fix it.

Then, please, try repairing the installation.

Press the Windows Key+X > Select Apps > Search for XBOX > Advanced > Repair
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi ConfusedFrog623, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try installing the legacy launcher.

https://aka.ms/minecraftClientWindows

Select "Download Windows Legacy Launcher"

Start the launcher.

Let me know if it works!
Thema:

1. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - unable install games

2. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  3. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  4. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  5. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  6. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  7. I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.: I recently restore my windows and since then i have been unable to install any games on the Xbox App. I have tried mutiple differenet solutions form the internet and nothing seems to work. And the...
  8. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  9. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...
  10. Unable to install any games due to gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install any games due to gaming services: I purchased game pass on 09/06/23 to play Starfield. It stated that I needed to download gaming services. I did that and restarted. It continually says that Gaming services has to be downloaded. I...