I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?

Discus and support I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I linked my old Mojang Minecraft account to Microsoft/Xbox about a year ago which uses my username that I have used for years. My old Minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Evie Rhodes, Jul 11, 2023.

1. Evie Rhodes
    Evie Rhodes Guest

I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?

So I linked my old Mojang Minecraft account to Microsoft/Xbox about a year ago which uses my username that I have used for years. My old Minecraft account is no longer accessible due to linking them, but it still comes up as an independent gamertag on Xbox when searched - not linked to my current account. I want to reclaim the username as I now bought an Xbox One S as it is unique to me - it is obviously from my Minecraft account as those are the games played via it. I can’t get back into it and I’m getting more and more frustrated trying to find solutions to this - confusing as they both used the same email. Any help in merging them together properly or getting the old gamertag that was my Minecraft account deleted so I can reclaim it on my main Microsoft account? I don’t want my name to have to come up with numbers on the end when I play online, it is frustrating.

:)

Evie Rhodes, Jul 11, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

The account that is already using that gamertag should not be your Mojang account, Mojang and Microsoft do not share the same gamertag nor do they share the same naming system.

When you did the migration the original gamertag was set only for the Java game, not for the Microsoft account, and you should have created a gamertag for your Microsoft account.

The original gamertag must be being used by another Microsoft account, that is why when you want to change it, it tells you that numbers will be added, if that other Microsoft account is yours, you just have to log in with your email and password (which cannot be the same as the current account), change the gamertag and this way it will be free to be used in the new Microsoft account.
  3. Evie Rhodes Win User

Hiya, yeah you’re right - but the thing is the gamertag that is in use is MINE that was my Minecraft Mojang account name, I obviously cannot access it though to change the name as it’s the same email. It’s ‘stuck’ in some sort of space and inaccessible. Why can I search it up as a gamertag on Xbox if it’s no longer an account or linked to my current one after the migration - and when they were linked, why not the gamer points associated to it as well? I don’t feel like you understand what I mean when I explained. Like I said, the name is unique to me - and the games played by this account/gamertag when searched are only Minecraft that I played on windows/the launcher and ps4. But it doesn’t ‘exist’ as an account you can log into. I don’t exactly feel like playing with numbers hash tagged at the end of my OG gamertag and unable to claim what seems to be a mess up between the Minecraft and Microsoft account linking with a random gamertag. No one else is talking about this weird issue that I’m having and I cannot find anything to rectify it.
  4. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

Minecraft username and Xbox Gamertag are two different concepts. The Microsoft/Xbox account you used for the migration got a random gamertag, it doesn't take the Minecraft username, so if you want to change it you must do it through this website

https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag

If you are trying to use the username you had in Minecraft as gamertag and the system puts some numbers in front of a "#" character, it means that gamertag without the numbers is already in use, the numbers are added randomly to identify each account with the same gamertag.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  5. KamilBzorski Win User

PSN account linking.

I have already contacted with Mojang and Sony and they both claim that they don't store the information about linking with Microsoft account. The other thing is that I'm sure that my Microsoft account was never linked with any other PSN account.
  6. BP_PB Win User

Need assistance , Roblox support will not help !!!

Thanks, I am posting from my Microsoft/xbox account in question.

The problem is not with my Microsoft/Xbox account but the link to the roblox account that was automatically created years ago. Roblox require proof that I own the account and claim there is no email linked to the account and therefore can not help me.
Thema:

1. I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help? - Similar Threads - unable claim gamertag

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  6. Unable to claim bundle on new Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to claim bundle on new Xbox: I got Diablo 4 with my new Xbox. I can’t claim the new game. I got “included on this Xbox” and the only option it comes up with is “claim with a different account”. I have tried resetting my Xbox....
  7. Unable to claim rewards on Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to claim rewards on Xbox app: As title says. Just receive a “Try again later” message every time I try claiming my rewards on the mobile app. Have tried closing and uninstalling then reinstalling the app, but hasn’t worked...
  8. Unable to purchase Deals With Gold or claim Games With Gold

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to purchase Deals With Gold or claim Games With Gold: Alpha Skip Ahead: If I go to Deals with Gold or Games with Gold I am unable to purchase/claim any games, there is a "join now" box next to a full price one… but I'm on Game Pass Ultimate. I have...
  9. Unable to claim Gamepass that came with Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to claim Gamepass that came with Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3: I recently bought an Ideapad gaming 3 from BestBuy US and had it shipped to Pakistan through someone. Now the issue is I cannot redeem my Gamepass promo even though I have a Turkish Bank Card as...
  10. unable to signin in xbox live and also unable to claim my xbox pass when i try to claim it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to signin in xbox live and also unable to claim my xbox pass when i try to claim it...: unable to sign in in xbox live 17f6ffc7-fd91-4a61-ba18-69ea378eeb88