I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

Discus and support I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ZanderH85, Nov 18, 2023.

1. ZanderH85
    ZanderH85 Guest

I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings.

:)

ZanderH85, Nov 18, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy settings.

Hello ZanderH85,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are having issue in adding friends and communicating with them on party chat despite correct privacy settings of the account. Let us help you figure out what is causing the problem so that you can use the party chat with problem.

If we may ask, is your account been managed by your parent or organizer under Xbox Family settings app or using a child account? Only parent or organizer can modify the settings of online privacy settings for a child account.

By the way, are you able to play online multiplayer games in different devices? Let us know as well so we can move forward.

For the meantime, try checking again the settings for your online safety and privacy settings and make sure to properly set the needed options.

Log in to https://account.xbox.com/settings with the parent’s Microsoft account if using child account. If using adult account, skip the next step.

• Click the child account's profile.
    • In the navigation tabs, click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
    • Select Allow for You can create and join clubs, and You can join multiplayer games.
    • Then click Submit.
    To enable chat for people not on the child's friends list:

In the table header:

1. Click Privacy
    2. Select Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites.
    3. Select Friends or Everyone then click Submit.

To enable adding and removing friends

1. Log in to  https://account.xbox.com/settings  with the parent’s Microsoft account.
    2. Click the child account's profile.
    3. In the navigation tabs click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
    4. Select Allow for You can add friends
    5. Press Submit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy settings.

Hello ZanderH85,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. maxen Win User

How to add a child's profile without creating a Xbox Live profile

I believe that to add a member to the Family they need to have an Xbox Live profile.

support.xbox.com/.../add-family-member

However, you could then change the parental controls to restrict what your son could do - eg, not allow him to play online, not able to accept friend requests or to communicate with people other than friends.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-manage-privacy-and-online-safety
  5. IRoyalist Win User

Accessibility

Good day,

if you are on console then check out your privacy settings and make sure that you are enabled to join online games and enabled to add friends and communicate with others.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Problemas com a conta -[Translation - Account issues]

Hello JoãoPedroXR,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to add friends due to your Microsoft account's privacy settings. If you have a child account, you must

add your child account to a family by using an adult account. This will allow the adult account to

alter the privacy settings of the child account
    so the child account can add friends and utilize other social features. The articles we provided contain steps on how to complete this process. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy... - Similar Threads - unable add communicate

2. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  3. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  4. Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24: I’ve got 2 XBOX series X for my 2 sons both with Xbox Series X/S version of FC24 installed. They are in same room and both connected online. Both are using family accounts on Xbox and both have...
  5. Unable to add new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add new account: Hi there. Will appreciate any help. Trying to create a new account on a new xbox series x. After clicking “add new” a white spinning wheel appears and after some time takes back to the home...
  6. i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...: i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say check the info it doesn't match this card but i have been trying since 2 hours...
  7. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  8. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...
  9. Unable to add steam friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to add steam friends?: How do I add Xbox friends so I can cross play games like civ and remnant? My Xbox friend says he is unable to find my steam name to add me even though he linked his steam account to his Xbox. Do I...
  10. Unable to add my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add my account.: Series X, unable to add account. Done all the necessary reboots, have cleaned it and still nothing. Appears to load then just stops. 74c2ba1f-ab4f-46bd-9d8c-5ab6d73757de