I am trying to change my xbox profile privacy settings and getting the error "We are sorry,...

Discus and support I am trying to change my xbox profile privacy settings and getting the error "We are sorry,... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am a PC player, using Windows 10. I currently have a gamepass subscription. I have had this xbox/microsoft account for a fairly long time (since at... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by stufff, Jul 28, 2023.

1. stufff
    stufff Guest

I am trying to change my xbox profile privacy settings and getting the error "We are sorry,...

I am a PC player, using Windows 10. I currently have a gamepass subscription. I have had this xbox/microsoft account for a fairly long time (since at least 2013, but probably longer). It is the same account I use for my Windows user account. I may have used it on a 360 once. I do not currently own or have access to any Xbox consoles. There is no xbox console currently linked to my account in "devices", only my two computers.

I want to change the privacy settings for my xbox account. From https://www.xbox.com/en-US/ I click on my profile, the ... menu, go to xbox settings:

I am trying to change my xbox profile privacy settings and getting the error "We are sorry,... [​IMG]

then go to "privacy & online safety".

I am trying to change my xbox profile privacy settings and getting the error "We are sorry,... [​IMG]

I get a page with the message "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available."

I get the same message with various other link chains to the xbox privacy settings. I also get the same message when trying to access "contact preferences".

The links to "Change password", "change gamertag", , "Xbox 360 profile protection", "Microsoft family", "content access", "payment & billing", "Subscriptions", and "manage devices" all works fine and I am able to change things there. I am able to access my "privacy dashboard" for my Microsoft account, and I can change privacy settings in all other parts of my Microsoft account, but trying to change privacy settings for xbox from my privacy dashboard leads me to the same error listed above.

It is only my xbox privacy settings that are inaccessible. I've searched around and many other people have had this same problem. I have tried the following:

- changed my birth year from 1983 to 1982

- tried using Edge, Firefox, and Chrome

- tried clearing all cookies

- Verified that I am not part of someone else's "family" or listed as a child in "family"

None of these proposed solutions have worked.

:)

stufff, Jul 28, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: