I am part of a permenatly deleted family and cannot remove myself as i am a child

Discus and support I am part of a permenatly deleted family and cannot remove myself as i am a child in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was busily setting up my xbox account and creating all these spare accounts and accidently making myself a part of the spares family. Not knowing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by flynnigan823, Dec 2, 2016.

1. flynnigan823
    flynnigan823 Guest

I am part of a permenatly deleted family and cannot remove myself as i am a child

I was busily setting up my xbox account and creating all these spare accounts and accidently making myself a part of the spares family. Not knowing this at the time, i deleted the spare accounts, leaving myself in a 'deleted' family and couldn't join my
    fathers family. It is a nuisance as i cannot log into the spare accounts (as I have forgotten the emails for both) and cannot change any privacy settings, meaning I cannot go online or download content.

I am not quite sure how to leave my family as a child. Please send instructions on how i can leave this 'deleted' family

:)

flynnigan823, Dec 2, 2016
  2. Gordondd
    Gordondd Guest
    Changing status from Adult to Child in Xbox

My son uses my Xbox account presently. I have established another account for myself as part of the family and want to change the user name he is currently using to child status.

I was told to add another adult account to the family group, then remove the original adult account from the family (the one my son uses). Then bring it back into family and change status at that time.

Problem I encounter is in trying to leave family, I am served up an error message "need to remove consent first". Go to Manage my childs profile and select remove consent. Problem is I have no child on that account. Any ideas on how to resolve short of new
    user name for my son (and losing his contacts, etc)

Thanks

Gordondd, Dec 2, 2016
  3. steffb74
    steffb74 Guest
    Xbox family share question

yes home console setting changed the mechanism

change child account to adult account still does not work - I can remove the child from family and add it as adult but when I remove the account from family this account cannot login on its Xbox One S without a parental permission even the account is not
    part of a family anymore - thats strange

why I want to remove the account from family: its because this account cannot download Xbox 360 gold games - always getting "Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your Xbox" - support page
    says I have to download the game from Xbox 360 but only Xbox One S is available also tried that via browser - still not working.

did anyone experience something similiar?

greetings

steffb74, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Gabriel_DG Win User

This is rated above error on Game Pass PC

I am experiencing the same problem and this does not fix it because my account is not part of a family group. On family.microsoft.com I cannot choose myself, and I cannot add myself.

I was able to resolve by fully quitting the xbox app and re-opening. With no settings changed.
  5. Martïn Win User

I can only connect to my account once in a blue moon

Do you have this child account email and password, right?
    If you sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/family/home, does it show that you are part of a family?

If not, do your parents have Microsoft Accounts so they can add you to a family and set the permission for you?
    The Problem is I although I have the email & password, I cannot connect to the child account.

and from the parent account, I am not in the members list i any shape or form.

if I try to add myself as a member,it sends an email to my Outlook, that is blocked because of that peculiar bug
  6. Luke Knowlton Win User

If you delete a family member from a family does it do anything?

I almost removed myself from my family as I should not be in it and I can remove myself, but it said that if I remove myself it would delete any access to Xbox services and the Xbox, is there another way you can get rid of child accounts like changing your age or something, and if you can change your age, how?
  7. ImAice Win User

Says i am a child family account, I am not

Hi ! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that. What can you see when you open this?

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings

Are you being routed to this page?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

If yes, to be honest with you, looks like the system is detecting that you own a child account as you won't be able to see the page if it's considered as child.

If it's not considered as adult, you need to ask an adult on your family to manage your settings by adding you as a child under their family account.
  8. Deccowalch Win User

I am not showing up as part of my Xbox Family, and i cannot re add myself?

Exact same with me, hoping this can be fixed soon as it is causing problems.
Thema:

1. I am part of a permenatly deleted family and cannot remove myself as i am a child - Similar Threads - part permenatly deleted

2. The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person: I have tried everything possible for the network and I believe it may be my console so I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to help with this issue seeing as it may not be my...
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. This might not be related to me being part of the insiders program but it could be. Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    This might not be related to me being part of the insiders program but it could be. Xbox...: So,I will start by saying my Xbox one is 4 years old and somedays it takes longer than usual to fully start up. Yesterday afternoon it worked just fine, I shut it off like normal and when I went...
  5. Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset repair / parts to replace broken side support: Hi I have a set of xbox wireless headphones. I stood on them by mistake and landed up bbreaking the side support section - see attached- does anyone have an older unit(even wired) that i can...
  6. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  7. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  8. Elite Series 2 replacement parts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 replacement parts: This is not a question for MS or MS employees as you are useless with these products and will tell me to another overpriced poor controller. I have an elite season two controller that has been...
  9. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  10. I just bought a game (Detroit become human) and I played the first part of the game. The...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought a game (Detroit become human) and I played the first part of the game. The...: I just bought a game (Detroit become human) and I played the first part of the game. The next day when I play it again it loads up to 75% and completely exits the game. What should I do? Help!!...