I am on Xbox and my discord used to work fine. It recently de-linked and it won't let me...

Discus and support I am on Xbox and my discord used to work fine. It recently de-linked and it won't let me... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am using an Xbox One S and I am o na family account. But keep in mind, that the discord used to work, like, yesterday. Does anybody know why this is... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Roe Gallant, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Roe Gallant
    Roe Gallant Guest

I am on Xbox and my discord used to work fine. It recently de-linked and it won't let me...

I am using an Xbox One S and I am o na family account. But keep in mind, that the discord used to work, like, yesterday. Does anybody know why this is happening?

:)

Roe Gallant, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Roe Gallant Win User

I am on Xbox and my discord used to work fine. It recently de-linked and it won't let me link it back.

Yea... I think it is the family account. I tried everything, nothing worked. Thank you for the help!
  3. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

I am on Xbox and my discord used to work fine. It recently de-linked and it won't let me link it back.

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

Try the procedure again: To connect to Discord through your Xbox console:
    Press the Xbox  button on your controller to open the dashboard.
    Go to Profile & System > Settings > Account > Linked Social Accounts.
    In the Discord tile, select Link.
    Follow the instructions to link your Discord account. If it doesn't work make sure the correct permissions are enabled in Discord to allow the Xbox connection. Make sure you have given Xbox permission to connect to Discord in the Discord app settings. Also make sure that the option "Show status game activities" is turned on.

I hope I helped and see you soon.
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

I appreciate the contact. Have a great night/day. See you soon
  5. Bazkov Win User

Hey, Roe!

Welcome to the Xbox forum! We're thrilled to have you here. I understand how frustrating this can be, especially when something that was working perfectly suddenly encounters problems.

It seems your situation is quite specific, given that your Discord account was functioning normally until yesterday. To assist you in resolving this hiccup, here are a few steps you can follow:

1. Check Xbox Live Connection: Make sure your Xbox One S is connected to the internet and Xbox Live is functioning properly.
    2. Restart the Console: Sometimes, a simple console restart can resolve connectivity issues.
    3. Confirm Discord Account: Access your Discord account on a computer or mobile device to ensure your account is active and functioning.
    4. Check Family Account Settings: As you mentioned being on a family account, there might be restrictions preventing account linking. Verify family account settings and permissions to ensure there are no limitations.
    5. Linking Process: Review the necessary steps to link your Discord account to Xbox. You might need to complete specific steps on both platforms.
    6. Update Xbox: Ensure your Xbox console's system software is up to date. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility problems.
    7. Check the Discord App: If you're using the Discord app on Xbox, check for available updates for the app itself.
    8. Revoke Permissions: If you previously granted specific permissions to Discord, try revoking them and then attempt to link your account again.
    9. Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, consider reaching out to both Xbox and Discord support. They can offer more specific guidance based on your situation.
    I hope these tips prove helpful in resolving the issue you're facing. Remember that technological hiccups can happen, but with patience and dedication, solutions can be found.
  6. Nick Jones5 Win User

Can't link my discord with my xbox

Same problem for me. I was in discord on xobox and tried to invite someone to a lobby and it kicked me out and shows an exclamation relink account for discord on my xbox. Discord works fine on phone app and shows that discord is linked to my xbox in my app on phone but I cant use discord on xbox
Thema:

1. I am on Xbox and my discord used to work fine. It recently de-linked and it won't let me... - Similar Threads - discord used fine

2. Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions: So the title describes practically everything, I can't use discord on my xbox, the discord tab just isn't there, but when I switch regions or console location the tab is there and I can use...
  3. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  4. Why cant i use discord on xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i use discord on xbox?: So heres my problem, I have my Discord account linked with my Xbox account. But the problem is when i try to join a voice chat it tells me to relink my account. Now i have done everything and...
  5. Why am I not able to use discord

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to use discord: I am currently trying to hop on discord and every time I link the account it says that I need to relink it how can I fix this problem? 27083934-2444-4589-b835-6d72dd69c072
  6. I cant use the discord functionalities on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant use the discord functionalities on Xbox: I live in the UAE and Idk if it's because of my region, I don't see the discord logo when I go to the communication tab d4056f3a-d610-4890-b8eb-b0c3e9385c55
  7. People can't hear me when I use discord on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't hear me when I use discord on my Xbox Series S: Hi, when I use discord on my Xbox series S everything works as it should except for my audio. I can perfectly hear my friends but they can't hear me. My headsets works perfectly in any other...
  8. Can't use Discord redeem code and it shows me this error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't use Discord redeem code and it shows me this error: [Mod removed - personal information] Can't use Discord redeem code and it shows me this error. Could someone explain to me what I need to do((( 6b9d7326-7e1b-476b-ad76-b8ec4ee8c620
  9. How the best way to use Discord voice chat with friends while gaming on Xbox Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    How the best way to use Discord voice chat with friends while gaming on Xbox Series X?: Hello guys, Please help me. How the best way to use Discord voice chat with friends while gaming on Xbox Series X? I am playing on Xbox Series X but my friends are playing on PC. I have to buy...
  10. i’m trying to use discord on My Series X (Insider) but this happens, any help?

in XboX Insiders
    i’m trying to use discord on My Series X (Insider) but this happens, any help?: When i scan the QR on my series X, i go to an empty discord site… submitted by /u/Fonisy [link] [comments]