I am in a family group that I have no idea about

Discus and support I am in a family group that I have no idea about in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was trying to look at minecraft realms, but then it said "you need a parent's permission for this." I was confused because I never thought of this to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jordan_465, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Jordan_465
    Jordan_465 Guest

I was trying to look at minecraft realms, but then it said "you need a parent's permission for this." I was confused because I never thought of this to be a child's account.

I saw on a forum that it has something to do with family permissions. I went to account.microsoft.com/family to see what was going on. I saw that there was me and some other account called "Jo" who was the family organizer. There was no information for this account, and there is nobody in our family named "Jo" and nobody has created an account with that name. I tried leaving the family group but it says I need permission from the organizer to do that. I asked my mom about it (my only guardian) and she said that she has no clue what that account is either. So, am I just screwed forever?

:)

Jordan_465, Nov 25, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Jordan,

Please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. Jordan_465 Win User

The email for Jo is not provided, just the name. So I think my only option is to contact Microsoft support. But, I don't know how. There seems to be many categories for contacting and I don't know which one is right.

[​IMG]
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Jordan,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your family group settings. This sounds like a very frustrating situation.

There are a few possible reasons why you might see an unknown account as the family organizer. One is that someone else in your household or network might have created or added that account without your knowledge. Another is that your account might have been compromised or hacked by someone who changed the family settings.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

- First, check if you can sign in to the "Jo" account using your own credentials or any other email address or password that you might have used in the past. If you can, then you can remove yourself from the family group or delete the account altogether.

- Second, if you can't sign in to the "Jo" account, you can request a password reset link to be sent to the email address associated with that account. You can do this by going to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx and entering the email address of the "Jo" account. If you have access to that email address, you can use the link to reset the password and then sign in to the account and change the family settings.

- Third, if you don't have access to the email address of the "Jo" account, you can contact Microsoft Support directly and explain your situation.

See: Troubleshooting the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support / Remove yourself or a family member from your family group on Xbox | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you solve your problem. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us again. We are always happy to assist you.
  5. Andrew_Kerr17 Win User

Microsoft Family - I Can't leave my own family

I am having the exact same issue. I am an adult, but as I am the only member of the family group I am not allowed to leave it. It prevents me from playing multiplayer Minecraft with my family, and the only way to get out of that is by leaving the family group which I cannot do. Is there a way around this?
  6. hkfui Win User

Windows 10 PC hard drive no longer allowed to install GamePass and owned games

Hi Josef, Yes I am part of a family group. But the ages and permissions for each member are clearly defined in their respective Xbox profiles. And I am one of the organisers for the family group.

Regards

Thema:

1. I am in a family group that I have no idea about - Similar Threads - family group idea

2. Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there: My daughter is trying to connect the new Xbox she purchased. She is being notified she can't proceed because she needs to share her location and I am the family organizer. I go to my account and...
  3. I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission: Hiii I recently wanted to change my gamer tag. I have been in a family group so it needed permission from someone. So I went to my mothers since I have access account and removed me from the...
  4. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  5. My Daughters account is in another family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Daughters account is in another family group: hi so it appears that some how, IDK...that my daughters account was taken out of my family group and put into someone elses. I still have control of both accounts, but because she is under 18, I...
  6. Account split after signing in on Xbox One S to grant child in Family Group permissions,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account split after signing in on Xbox One S to grant child in Family Group permissions,...: Important Details: Device: Xbox One S. Mobile Device: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max. Child's account was over 2 years old with Parental Consent. Child's account is for a child under 13. Parent is...
  7. I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own: My son had apparently created a family group for his xbox account and added my daughter to it a few years ago. He has moved out and we want to move her to my own family group. I've tried two ways:...
  8. How do I add my son to my xbox one when he already has an account on his mother's family group.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add my son to my xbox one when he already has an account on his mother's family group.: I am divorced. My sons have xbox accounts on a family group created by their mother. I am trying to set them up on my xbox one and created a family group of my own but it appears that they can't...
  9. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group: I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them...
  10. Why can't I leave my family group?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I leave my family group?: A long time ago, my father added my Microsoft access to a family group, and after a few years he left the family group. But my account was stuck and couldn't be deleted I always get the...