I am constantly having to reset my modem to connect to Xbox Live (Everything else connected...

Discus and support I am constantly having to reset my modem to connect to Xbox Live (Everything else connected... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every single time I turn on the Xbox One S and try to log in with the controller, I get a spinning wheel that eventually times out and won't connect.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lemmy winks2], Feb 1, 2019.

1. I am constantly having to reset my modem to connect to Xbox Live (Everything else connected...

Every single time I turn on the Xbox One S and try to log in with the controller, I get a spinning wheel that eventually times out and won't connect. When I go to the network settings, I either get unable to connect to Teredo or something to that effect,
    or NAT type strict/moderate. Sometimes it will say you are connected to the internet, but nothing works. I do a reset on my modem, and the problem resolves. This happens every single time I turn on the device.

Steps I have already tried:

1) Set a static IP for the Xbox and forwarded the following ports (UDP **** UDP 4500

2) Disabled/Renabled UPnP in Modem Settings (Currently Enabled)

The Xbox One S is hardwired into my Modem, which is a modem/router combination. I know the modem/router combo isn't ideal, but it is what I'm dealing with at the moment, and everything else is working fine except the Xbox One S. Modem Specs as follows:

- Motorola 8x4 Docsis 3.0 plus N450 Router

- Model: MG7315

If anyone has any advice as to what could be causing this problem I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

:)

lemmy winks2], Feb 1, 2019
  2. lemmy winks2] Win User

I am constantly having to reset my modem to connect to Xbox Live (Everything else connected works fine.)

Thanks for the Replies so far. I forgot to mention in the first post that I had previously contacted support and did do a reset of the Xbox to factory settings without erasing the apps and the problem remained. Also, to follow up, I decided to run out
    and lease a modem on a temporary basis from my ISP to try to troubleshoot. So far, the leased modem appears to be working normally. Unfortunately, the XBox doesn't seem to like the modem/router I own, but I will keep playing with this leased one to make
    sure I have no further problems before I decide to buy it. Thanks again.
  3. Pain130798 Win User

I am constantly having to reset my modem to connect to Xbox Live (Everything else connected works fine.)

if you can connect your console to the ethernet cable you should do it, the you should try to connect your xbox to another wifi web, like your phone as a hotspot, then you will know if that problem is you xbox or the wifi network, if it's your console,
    you take it to a microsoft store because it could a hardware problem
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Lemmy Winks!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this inconvenient issue.

I would say that it's not only best for you to troubleshoot your network as you already have, but to also troubleshoot the console as well. To cover our bases, I would suggest trying a soft reset of the console.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks!
  5. {Parity} Win User

That could be the gateway that you are using. They can be problematic and don't handle some networking situations well. Maybe you could try a good gaming router and separate modem combination to see if it will work better.
  6. XGN Corrupt Win User

Glad to hear you found a fix even if temporary, if you run into any more issues feel free to submit another question!
Thema:

I am constantly having to reset my modem to connect to Xbox Live (Everything else connected...

1. I am constantly having to reset my modem to connect to Xbox Live (Everything else connected... - Similar Threads - constantly having reset

2. Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...: I just feel like it'd be a lot more convenient and I haven't really seen anything about it. c7b606d6-5424-4fb1-9c3e-44aa5f07ada6
  3. Two separate xbox wireless headsets have constant "connecting" tones.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two separate xbox wireless headsets have constant "connecting" tones.: This is my second headset which has a tone of connecting over and over. It has occurred since updating to the latest firmware and did not happen on the older firmware that came with the headset....
  4. having problems whit xbox app. is all bugged. Is constantly telling me to connect but at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    having problems whit xbox app. is all bugged. Is constantly telling me to connect but at...: when i press connect nothing happens. e4af9950-3967-4fac-9c91-cf8786446e6e
  5. I’m having trouble every time I try to play my Xbox one s. The screen constantly changes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m having trouble every time I try to play my Xbox one s. The screen constantly changes...: I’m having trouble every time I try to play my Xbox one s. The screen constantly changes colors and cuts on and off. I tried to switch hdmi cords that did not work can someone please assist?...
  6. Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it constantly shows failed. I have deleted the account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it constantly shows failed. I have deleted the account...: Fortnite won’t start on my Xbox S, it shows failed all of the time. I have deleted my account and re added it but it’s no different. I have tried adding a new account but still the same outcome...
  7. Anyone else having constant UPnP and connectivity issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else having constant UPnP and connectivity issues?: I have an Xbox One X and I’m starting to have constant WiFi connection issues during online gaming over the past few weeks. Kicks me out of multiplayer games. Never had an issue before. Says NAT...
  8. I keep having to constantly reinstall MW2 the new one because this dumb error code 0x87e50033

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep having to constantly reinstall MW2 the new one because this dumb error code 0x87e50033: I keep having to constantly reinstall MW2 the new one because this dumb error code 0x87e50033 ever since the update for the game it's been needing me to uninstall and reinstall the game for this...
  9. I’m constantly having connection issues on my Xbox One X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m constantly having connection issues on my Xbox One X.: My “question” is more of a direct concern and issue! I’m constantly having connection issues playing my games on Xbox live. I have super high speed Internet and my set up is wired, not WiFi.. I’m...
  10. why do I have to constantly turn my headset off and then turn it back on to hear cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why do I have to constantly turn my headset off and then turn it back on to hear cross...: Happens all the time with modern warfare 2. Just want to know if there is a permanent fix I’m using a turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 16e5448c-8362-4616-be87-4c4aeb53035f