I am an adult but it keeps me as a child

Discus and support I am an adult but it keeps me as a child in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am an adult and for the life of me i cannot figure our how to change my settings please may i be helped 66d733ee-c6d3-493e-a84e-8de02431a6b5 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Thomas OGorman, Jun 16, 2023.

1. I am an adult but it keeps me as a child

I am an adult and for the life of me i cannot figure our how to change my settings please may i be helped

:)

Thomas OGorman, Jun 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

You can simply sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and from there make sure that these settings are set to “allow” or “everyone”:

* You can see and upload community creations

* You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

* Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

* You can play with people outside of Xbox Live

* You can create and join clubs

* You can join multiplayer games

Make sure to hit “submit” when you made any changes.
  3. jdwb Win User

Cannot Create Account For My Child On Xbox One

Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue, it keeps telling me to add an adult and I've signed in multiple times but it keeps telling me that I need to add an adult in order to add a child.
  4. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Unable to add a child account as a family member

Hi martin,

Sorry you are having this problem, and I am sorry to keep asking questions but I'm not really good at the family account side of stuff, can you confirm that child account #2 is downloaded on the console ir a console and the account itself hasn't got your
    date of birth to make it an adult account? Also if its not on the a console, downloading a child account should require you to authenticate it with an adult account so I am not sure if trying to download it will trigger you to sign child account #2 into your
    adult account which then should automatically make it a part of the family via your primary adult account

Please let me know

Thanks,

Dan
  5. claudespeed384 Win User

premium content blocked?

I have everything set in as adult , I dont have the child settings on but I am having trouble trying to buy something cause it keeps saying the same message ' Premuin Content blocked for this profile ' Please somebody help and tell me Im not insane ...........
  6. crabby0patty Win User

無法變更xbox隱私權與線上安全設定 [Translation - Unable to change Xbox privacy and online security settings]

If I am the only member of my family, does that make me an adult?

If not, how do I make myself an adult?

The system seems to take me as a child, since I can't change my Xbox settings.
Thema:

1. I am an adult but it keeps me as a child - Similar Threads - adult keeps child

2. How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account: How do I make a child account on an Xbox to an adult account 173b5633-ff5c-46dd-817a-40edfdbafb61
  3. Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?: My American (adult) freind has gifted me this game and it has never delivered! 40 euros doen thr drain! Please help me with changing any parental controls settings regarding receiving gifts...
  4. How can I turn my child account into an adult account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I turn my child account into an adult account?: My microsoft account is apart of a family, where this account is a child account and another account is the parent. I am now 19 and am trying to buy a game off the microsoft store but it says I...
  5. I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...: All of my stuff says I am a adult account and it still doesn’t work. be22e80e-a1e9-43cc-ad87-73a68f02c76f
  6. How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?: How can/does MS prevent an adult, posing as a child, from contacting my child on XboxS during live play? 2d1f38cf-015f-4625-b55b-d017c53f0566
  7. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  8. Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...: Its become quite problematic and me nor my father can fix it f775b6c3-497a-45eb-a5d8-f88c445aab6e
  9. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  10. Remove adult but keep purchases?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove adult but keep purchases?: Can i change the adult in a family by simply adding a new adult and then removing the original adult but still keep all of our previous purchases? Thanks 9d289267-fe38-484a-a6e3-eb7ed407d433