I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.

Discus and support I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to add money to my child's account with no luck. The transaction was approved, but his balance remains at zero. I can see the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by David Punset Martinez, Oct 2, 2023.

1. I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.

Hello,

I've been trying to add money to my child's account with no luck. The transaction was approved, but his balance remains at zero. I can see the order on my order history, but the funds went nowhere. They're not in his account nor mine. Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

:)

David Punset Martinez, Oct 2, 2023
  2. DanielaSiorek Win User

I have the same issue. Added $25 to my son's Microsoft Account so he could buy things in Forza Horizon 5. The transaction went through according to my credit card and I see his balance is $25 in the Xbox Family app and on his Microsoft Account page on the PC. BUT when he goes to purchase a car pack in the game on his Xbox console it says he has no money.

I am seeing people say that the funds showed up 24 hours later. This would make sense for scammer prevention, but if this waiting period is on purpose LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT. I'll wait until tomorrow morning and hopefully the funds appear.
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello David Punset Martinez

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that you're having trouble adding money to your child's account. Just to set proper expectations, regarding with checking your accounts order history, please know that for privacy and security of the account, we here at Community do not have a tool for that. In cases like checking your transaction history is best discussed with our Live support team. Good thing that you got me now, as a customer myself let's see what we can do to help.

First, can you confirm that you added the funds to the correct Microsoft account? It's possible that the funds were added to a different account by mistake.

If you're sure that the funds were added to the correct account, the next step would be to check if there are any pending transactions on the account. Sometimes, it can take a few hours for the funds to appear in the account balance due to processing times.

If there are no pending transactions and the funds still haven't appeared in the account balance, you can try signing out of the account and signing back in to refresh the account balance.

If none of these steps work, you can contact Xbox support for further assistance. They will be able to look into the issue and provide a solution.

Here's a helpful article on how to add funds to a Microsoft account: Add money to your family member's Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

And here's the link to contact Xbox support: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Daniela Siorek (SYNA Win User

Just an update on my issue-- the funds did indeed show up on the Xbox console about 24 hours later.
  5. Claire O'Hare Win User

We've had the same thing with our twins accounts; can see the money in the family account but not in their minecraft accounts. This is utterly bonkers - I'm not sure if anyone has tried telling a 7 year old they have to wait 24 hours for payment to be processed for wildly unspecified reasons.

Can we get a timeline on unblocking this?
  6. Waldo Erfmann Win User

I have the same issue. Money transferred to my son's account more than 24 hours ago. It appears on the family portal (showing under his account name), but it does not appear on the Xbox when he wants to purchase VBucks. Please advise.
Thema:

1. I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero. - Similar Threads - added money child's

2. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  3. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...: It was shoud have arrived after the 8th but still dint. 988a8760-34f6-40ab-a44b-731547dc4290
  5. Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox: I think it would be really cool to have more customization options for xbox, such as in accents, icon background colors, and possibly even installing mods. submitted by /u/minedroid1 [link]...
  6. Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard: Hi! I noticed the feature to customize the dash and remove all of the useless game pass news and micro-transaction links that take up 85% of what I’m looking at has been taken off the menu. So...
  7. I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?: I don’t want to get my account banned for being bottes but i want the account adding to stop c01c2e73-89d2-4985-b4db-7dd4ee4e9627
  8. Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account: I have been having an issue with signing into my account. Xbox kept sending me an error when signing into xbox account saying that i needed to connect to the internet in order to sign into...
  9. Money added but balance still reads zero

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Money added but balance still reads zero: Topped up my sons balance on Microsoft yesterday. However still showing as £0.00 balance. Payment has come out of my account and showing on the your family app as recent transaction....
  10. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...: I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2. Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see this clearly in the order history of my MS...