I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...

Discus and support I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. This happened when I typed in the wrong email address when I was attempting to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Diane Kozobolis, Jul 9, 2023.

1. I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...

I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. This happened when I typed in the wrong email address when I was attempting to add their account to our xbox. How do I remove this from my family group? Here is the error I get:

You can't remove *** from the family group

Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for *** can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted *** consent to remove *** from the family group.

:)

Diane Kozobolis, Jul 9, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove this from my family group?

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community, not a Microsoft employee. Hope you are doing well!

With regards to this error you are getting, you may first try to change the date of birth of the child account to an adult before you try removing it.

You may try these steps below if it will work for you:

1. Login using the parent account at https://account.microsoft.com/family

2. Click the elipsis or 3 dots button beside the child account you wanted to remove.

3. Click on Manage consent

4. Click on Edit this child's personal info

From there try if you can change the date of birth of the child account to an adult, set it to any year that will be considered as adult. If it allows you to change it, you can then go back to https://acount.microsoft.com/family page to remove it.

I hope his helps somehow, feel free to post back if you have other questions and we will try our best to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Delete account will game progress still be there

See here for instructions on how to remove a child account from your family: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/remove-family-member

Keep in mind that after the child account is removed, it will not be able to use Xbox Live until they are added to another family account.
  4. Mister Cizl Win User

? Re parental controls over sons account

Hey ChiefHealer187! To get yourself parental controls you will need to either be added as an adult to the current family or have the current parent account remove the child from their family so they can be added to yours. If the child is removed they will
    not be able to access the Xbox Live service until they are added to another family. For more information on removing family members check the

Remove a Family Member page. Thanks!
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Questions Regarding Removing Child Account

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to the child account, its ok to use a 3rd party email. We just want to make sure the child account has their own credentials such as different email. If the child used the adult account for any gameplay, that will not be
    transferrable.

For more information on removing a family member, check out this article: Remove a family member from your family on Xbox One.

• When a child is removed from the family, they won’t be able to use the Xbox service until they have been added to another family. See
      Add a new member to your family on Xbox One.
    • Anyone under the age of 18 is still considered a child on the Microsoft Platform.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Parental consent removal from Microsoft family account

It may be easier to do it on a computer.

Sign into the current parent account at account.microsoft.com/family

It will show anyone in the family under the family member that you want to remove there is a choice for more options when you click on that it will give you a choice to remove from family.

Sign out of that account and sign into the account that you want the child on at account.microsoft.com/family and there would be a choice to add a member where you can add the child to the new account.

Keep in mind while the child is not a member of a family they will not be able to do ANYTHING until added to a family.
Thema:

I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...

1. I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove... - Similar Threads - accidentally added invalid

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?: For some reason my settings app on my Xbox one s has magically disappeared and I can only assume that someone has uninstalled it. Is there a way to get it back because I've been having so much...
  4. Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...: I need my pw for roblox if you guys can get it can you please b4171b36-64cc-4a48-8efa-d8df90ed8363
  5. I accidentally refunded my 1000 vbucks i would like them back

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally refunded my 1000 vbucks i would like them back: I accidentally refunded my 1000 vbucks i would like them back e703748c-996f-4e55-ba4c-e59cacc37162
  6. I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation: So I accidentally left a cd case on the Xbox series x that I got a week ago and i didn’t notice and I started playing for honor for maybe almost an hour until I noticed.I got scared and I took the...
  7. Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...: Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an now i cant find him please help me get that msg back so i can find him...
  8. I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...: Hi , I accidentally cancelled my subscription and I had funds now I can't resubscribe. Please help says you completed and took my funds. b9cb9bf1-61d7-4293-9170-e9c41d043a25
  9. I accidentally turned the wrong setting on for graphics

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally turned the wrong setting on for graphics: [img] My screen had very bad quality I didn't know what to do and I accidentally pressed a tv graphics setting I think and so now I can't fix this and idk what to do...
  10. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...