Hyper X Cloud headset trouble

Discus and support Hyper X Cloud headset trouble in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have had the Cloud for awhile now and never had any problems until recently, The sound keeps coming through only one side (the right) but if I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KillerCleary, Sep 7, 2015.

1. KillerCleary
    KillerCleary Guest

So I have had the Cloud for awhile now and never had any problems until recently, The sound keeps coming through only one side (the right) but if I move the controller or move the audio splitter it works for a few seconds then back to the problem. I bough
    a new audio splitter and it worked fine but now the mic isn't working. I have since bought another and I am having the same problem. So does anyone know if I need a certain audio splitter because as far as I was aware they all do the same job. Not sure if
    anyone has the same problems as me but any help is much appreciated.

:)

KillerCleary, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Fuhgeddit
    Fuhgeddit Guest
    Fuhgeddit, Sep 7, 2015
  3. teaakayy
    teaakayy Guest
    Best most affordable headset at gamestop for xbox one?

You think the first one is just as good as the second or good enough at least for the price?

teaakayy, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Hyper X Cloud headset trouble

When looking at the product and your description, it seems that more than likely the issue seems to be with the cable rather than the xbox stereo adapter.

Have you tested another headset for sound alone to eliminate that its the xbox stereo adapter.

Another test would be to plug the headset into another device like a compatible phone or computer (this may require another person).

Before going out to buy more items or replace anything I would do simple tests.

-The first test:

While the stereo adapter is plugged into the controller, open up party on the xbox.

-start the party with just yourself and speak into the headset looking on the screen to see if the squawker is pulsing when your voice is making sounds.

-If yes, proceed to invite someone into the party and maybe do the same test to ensure you can hear them and that they can hear you.

Test #2

-find a computer and open the audio settings to test that the mic is working and that sound can be heard evenly.

*It will be hard to test the mic on a cell phone unless you can call someone but sound should be as easy as playing music or going to a website with a video.

Comment back and let us know the results please.

NewBlacksmurf, Sep 11, 2015
  5. NewBlacksmurf Win User

When looking at the product and your description, it seems that more than likely the issue seems to be with the cable rather than the xbox stereo adapter.

Have you tested another headset for sound alone to eliminate that its the xbox stereo adapter.

Another test would be to plug the headset into another device like a compatible phone or computer (this may require another person).

Before going out to buy more items or replace anything I would do simple tests.

-The first test:

While the stereo adapter is plugged into the controller, open up party on the xbox.

-start the party with just yourself and speak into the headset looking on the screen to see if the squawker is pulsing when your voice is making sounds.

-If yes, proceed to invite someone into the party and maybe do the same test to ensure you can hear them and that they can hear you.

Test #2

-find a computer and open the audio settings to test that the mic is working and that sound can be heard evenly.

*It will be hard to test the mic on a cell phone unless you can call someone but sound should be as easy as playing music or going to a website with a video.

Comment back and let us know the results please.
  6. Frizio I iB Win User

Your Gaming Setup And Accessories

I've a samsung 43' 4m and accessories only headset Hyper x cloud II
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Hyper x cloud core vs HyperX cloud x headset

Hi, I use the Hyper X Cloud X headset, and I have to say it's a very good headset. Works really well with Dolby Atmos as well.
  8. CupOfTeaRex Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Distorted Sound

Returned it and bought a Hyper X cloud flight S for my PC, this solved the problem! Clearly this is a firmware issue with Infinite and this headset or something strange!

Hyper X is Way better, Comfier with far better quality sound, The Xbox headset sound is muddy in comparison.
  9. Wolverine 1091 Win User

New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

So after some research it appears that the hyper X cloud 2 headset doesn't work with the new controller 3.5mm port

This headset is arguably the best vs cost headset available.
Thema:

1. Hyper X Cloud headset trouble - Similar Threads - Hyper Cloud headset

2. Controller suddenly hyper sensitive in menu and in game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller suddenly hyper sensitive in menu and in game.: All of a sudden my controller is hyper sensitive in both the xbox home and in game. All directional buttons and sticks. Ive power cycled everything, checked for updates and scoured forums. I can...
  3. How do I unmute my Hyper X headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I unmute my Hyper X headset?: Every time I log in, it automatically mutes my microphone. All I want is a way to stop this from happening. I've tried everything and have a temporary solution only....
  4. Can i play HYPER SCAPE Without Xbox live on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i play HYPER SCAPE Without Xbox live on Xbox one: Can i play HYPER SCAPE Without Xbox live on Xbox one 77b00a02-4006-45c6-be47-65cd735f146e
  5. My Hyper X Cloud II headset is no longer working after the update.

in XboX Insiders
    My Hyper X Cloud II headset is no longer working after the update.: The mic does not pick any audio up and the headphones don’t play any audio. I thought maybe the volume was down but I can no longer locate the audio bar. Any suggestions? I’m getting really...
  6. Hyper Universe Xbox One Server issues (as of December 4th 2019)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hyper Universe Xbox One Server issues (as of December 4th 2019): Hey all, Just a heads up that the servers for Hyper Universe are currently having issues and you can no longer connect to games. A group of us were playing, and were suddenly met with the...
  7. Xbox One controllers hyper-sensitive in OS only, fine in games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controllers hyper-sensitive in OS only, fine in games: Hi everyone, I have 4 Xbox One controllers (two black, two white) that are all hyper-sensitive to any inputs while on the home screen or any other OS screen, but are fine in game. This goes for...
  8. Xbox 1 controller does not recognize hyper x cloud stinger headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 controller does not recognize hyper x cloud stinger headset: Headset stopped working. Tried general troublshooting with no luck. Replaced headset and same issue. Updated controller and nothing. Tried headset in alternate controller and no luck either. Any...
  9. Hyper X cloud core vid cloud alpha

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hyper X cloud core vid cloud alpha: Hi guys. I currently have the hyper x cloud core headset and i like the sound/quality. I was wondering if the Alphas were better specifically for the xbox. I heard that they have 60 ohms that the...
  10. Hyper x cloud core vs HyperX cloud x headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hyper x cloud core vs HyperX cloud x headset: which headset do you think works better for xbox from personal usd? e70599cc-c7dd-4bf5-9b38-f0b627ab5c05