HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past

Discus and support HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. On the start screen when I click 'Choose Profile' I get a popup saying I must choose a valid profile to proceed and giving me the option to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ClenchedSauce0, Mar 7, 2017.

1. HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past

Hello.

On the start screen when I click 'Choose Profile' I get a popup saying I must choose a valid profile to proceed and giving me the option to try again or exit the game. This appears to have been happening since the beta. https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloWars/comments/5pg2xl/need_help_windows_10_halo_wars_2_beta_profile/#bot...

Any help would be appreciated. Alternatively, if anyone knows how to start refund procedures with Microsoft I may need help with that soon! Thanks!

:)

ClenchedSauce0, Mar 7, 2017
  2. A.J.James
    A.J.James Guest
    2 Consoles 1 sign in?

1. Plug the USB flash drive to the Xbox 360 console.

2. Move to the System section of the Xbox Dashboard.

3. Select Memory, and then press the A button.

4. On the Storage Devices screen, select Hard Drive, and then press the A button.

5. On the Hard Drive screen, select Gamer Profiles, and then press the A button.

6. On the Gamer Profiles screen, select the gamer profile that you want to move, and then press the A button.

7. On the Individual Gamer Profile screen, select Move, and then press the A button. You'll receive the following message:

Before moving a profile, the profile must be signed out. Are you sure you want to sign out and move this profile?

8. Select Yes, and then press the A button.

9. On the Select a Device screen, select MU, and then press the A button.

10. On the Storage Devices screen, press the B button to return to the System section.

A.J.James, Mar 7, 2017
  3. Console freezes at xbox splash screen

Over the past few weeks, my xbox has frozen at the splash screen, i had my profile saved on my flash drive so i just removed it and signed in to another account, deleted my current profile () and recovered it like once or twice, the problem
    is recently, i let my friend borrow my flash drive and moved my profile to my memory unit (i have a 4gb xbox 360 slim) so know my xbox freezes when i start up, it won't even get past the splash screen. i cannot delete my profile and recover it since my profile
    is on my console and i can't even make it to the dashboard. although my xbox rarely makes it past the splash screen and freezes at the dashboard while it is loading (when the two white circles are spinning signifying the dashboard is loading.)

epicwilver993, Mar 7, 2017
  4. HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past

Hey, Clenched!

I'm sorry to see any issues signing in. It looks like a solution was
    posted on the Halo Waypoint forums
    that might help you out. Follow the steps there to remove your MS Account from the computer as an account used by apps, and then launch Halo Wars 2. It appears that should resolve you.

If you run into any further issues, we'll see if we can nail it down together. HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past :) Let me know how it goes!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Mar 8, 2017
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, Clenched!

I'm sorry to see any issues signing in. It looks like a solution was
    posted on the Halo Waypoint forums
    that might help you out. Follow the steps there to remove your MS Account from the computer as an account used by apps, and then launch Halo Wars 2. It appears that should resolve you.

If you run into any further issues, we'll see if we can nail it down together. :) Let me know how it goes!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. Romanevans2 Win User

Why won’t mw2 get past the title screen?

I can't get past the press a to start screen it's loads and signs into account but won't let me past I tried turning it off for ten seconds and unplugging it for 10 seconds then plugging it back in and turning it on but it still won't work I'm installing and about to reinstall and hopes that works
  7. A.J.James Win User

2 Consoles 1 sign in?

1. Plug the USB flash drive to the Xbox 360 console.

2. Move to the System section of the Xbox Dashboard.

3. Select Memory, and then press the A button.

4. On the Storage Devices screen, select Hard Drive, and then press the A button.

5. On the Hard Drive screen, select Gamer Profiles, and then press the A button.

6. On the Gamer Profiles screen, select the gamer profile that you want to move, and then press the A button.

7. On the Individual Gamer Profile screen, select Move, and then press the A button. You'll receive the following message:

Before moving a profile, the profile must be signed out. Are you sure you want to sign out and move this profile?

8. Select Yes, and then press the A button.

9. On the Select a Device screen, select MU, and then press the A button.

10. On the Storage Devices screen, press the B button to return to the System section.
  8. Evankovich406 Win User

Can't access private preview member forums. HELP!

Me too. And I'm having major issue xbox won't go past green start screen.
  9. choppyseize Win User

Start a Party - Greyed Out

Also sometimes some games won't let you start a party or send invites unless you have the game open and are past the loading screen.
Thema:

1. HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past - Similar Threads - HW2 won't let

2. Pack blitz Hw2

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Pack blitz Hw2: Hello i just bought this morning 2 pack blitz from the market for the game Hw2 but it didn't appear in game what's the problem ? 1e8eac19-90cd-43f5-8358-6190a7a4a103
  3. Problems with receiving Windows Store codes (HW2/QB)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Problems with receiving Windows Store codes (HW2/QB): Howdy, I've got some issues when it comes to getting codes from games I've pre-ordered or purchased deluxe/ultimate editions. I recently redeemed my code for Halo Wars 2: Ultimate, and while I...
  4. Purchased HW2 Ultimate Edition, did not get HW DE Code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Purchased HW2 Ultimate Edition, did not get HW DE Code: After many attempts with Xbox Support to receive my digital copy of the Definitive Edition of Halo Wars that is to come free with my copy of Halo Wars 2, I still have yet to receive it. So far...
  5. Did not receive Halo Wars DE with the HW2 UE

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Did not receive Halo Wars DE with the HW2 UE: I bought the HW2 UE on 4 Mar and never recieved the HW DE. da2dbd38-bedd-4295-9ea3-aa7723151b70
  6. I can't play HW2 on my pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play HW2 on my pc: Hello everyone, But first, excuse me for bad english. I pre-order the ultimate Edition, but i cant Play it on my Computer. It shows up in my library, but it says: its only available for my xbox...
  7. Every time I start HW2, says "controller disconnected"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I start HW2, says "controller disconnected": Only with HW2 (XB1), when I start the game, in the upper right corner is a box says: "WARNING Your controller has been disconnected". I then have to hit the Xbox menu button, turn off the...
  8. Play with us on HW2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play with us on HW2: Hey Folks, We are looking for people 18 and over to play with us on Halo Wars 2. We are a community that plays all sorts of excellent games. HSG is a community about awarding those who...
  9. Cycle through selected unit types in HW2 on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cycle through selected unit types in HW2 on PC: So I just got HW2 downloaded to my PC and I'm doing the advanced tutorial. I'm at the point where it says "Use XXX to cycle through your selected unit types", where XXX is an unrecognizable icon...
  10. I haven't received my Halo Wars:DE code via email despite redeeming HW2:UE on 3rd April

in XBoX on Consoles
    I haven't received my Halo Wars:DE code via email despite redeeming HW2:UE on 3rd April: Does the code need to be resent or do I just need to wait even longer? 95f62319-d11c-4a75-9216-181db40b4880