How Xbox 360 / Guitar Hero controllers are being connected to the XBOX device?

Discus and support How Xbox 360 / Guitar Hero controllers are being connected to the XBOX device? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How Xbox 360 / Guitar Hero controllers are being connected to the XBOX device? what is the connection method - is it WiFi , is it Bluetooth? or is it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by matanmeyer, Apr 21, 2017.

1. matanmeyer
    matanmeyer Guest

How Xbox 360 / Guitar Hero controllers are being connected to the XBOX device? what is the connection method - is it WiFi , is it Bluetooth? or is it something else. please let me know.

:)

matanmeyer, Apr 21, 2017
  2. best buy has another gaming blow out, dozens of games on sale.

I'm tempted to pick up some of the Guitar Hero games for my 360 but I can't find any actual (reasonably priced) guitar hero controllers anywhere...

BlackSilverAce, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    2-player games that don't involve shooting?

Guitar Hero. It's pretty addictive but would require guitar controllers unless you play Guitar Hero 3 or GH: Aerosmith. They have standard controller support.

Burst Axe, Apr 21, 2017
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Les Paul xbox 360 guitar won't pair with guitar hero 360 dongle on Windows 11 PC

The guitar hero dongle was for the last game with the black and white buttons, do you need an official Xbox 360 wireless controller dongle. The guitar connected directly with the 360 originally
  5. Rishabh0067 Win User

I want to use a guitar on my Xbox series X/S

My name is Rishabh an Independent Adviser, I hope you are doing great out there.

Using a guitar on your Xbox Series X/S is possible, especially for games that support musical instruments like guitars. The most popular game series that supports guitars is "Guitar Hero." Here's how you can set up and use a guitar on your Xbox Series X/S:

1. Compatible Guitars:
    Ensure you have a compatible guitar controller for Xbox. Guitars from the "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band" series are popular options. Make sure the guitar you have is specifically designed for use with Xbox consoles.

2. Connect the Guitar:
    Guitar controllers typically connect to your Xbox console using a USB receiver or a direct USB connection. Here's how to connect:

a. If using a USB receiver: Plug the USB receiver into an available USB port on your Xbox console. Follow any on-screen instructions to sync the guitar with the receiver.

b. If using a wired connection: Connect the USB cable from the guitar to an available USB port on your Xbox console.

3. Game Compatibility:
    Make sure you have a game that supports guitar controllers. Games like "Guitar Hero Live" and various versions of "Rock Band" are examples of games that allow you to use a guitar controller to play along with music.

4. Install Game and Updates:
    Install the game on your Xbox Series X/S and make sure it's up to date with any patches or updates.

5. Start the Game:
    Start the game that supports guitar controllers. Navigate through the menus to set up the guitar controller as your input device.

6. Sync the Controller:
    If prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to sync your guitar controller with the game. This might involve pressing specific buttons on the guitar or using the console's sync button.

7. Calibration:
    Calibrate the guitar controller within the game settings. Calibration ensures that your button presses and strums are accurately registered in the game.

8. Start Playing:
    Once you're all set up and calibrated, you can start playing the game with the guitar controller. Follow the on-screen cues to strum and press the correct buttons in time with the music.

Xbox 360 is the best console for guitar hero. Has the most games and the best graphics. Also the instruments don't need any dongles.
  6. kayakking1 Win User

XBOX turns on by itself?

Thanks for all the help, although it turns out that my Guitar Hero controller was under a load of stuff in my bedroom and was on, hence causing the xbox to turn on by itself and to show an extra controller being connected XD
  7. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

xbox 360 guitar not working on my windows 10

8. Pulssse Win User

Turning on by itself Please Help

well if on your xbox where the powerbutton is, if it has a light lit up that says a controller is connected there is a controller that is connected lol. perhaps a rock band/guitar hero controller?
Thema:

1. How Xbox 360 / Guitar Hero controllers are being connected to the XBOX device? - Similar Threads - 360 Guitar Hero

2. Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Equipment as Homebrew Buttons

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Equipment as Homebrew Buttons: Hello there, i am new to all things adaptive controller. So sorry if this question has already been asked or If it is stupid by any means. I am intending of building some homebrew buttons. Can...
  3. Was trying to sign into my account on Xbox 360 to play guitar hero and it said 80070057

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Was trying to sign into my account on Xbox 360 to play guitar hero and it said 80070057: I was trying to sign in to Xbox 360 to play guitar hero and it said status code 80070057. The password and email are both correct because I tried to sign into other stuff and it went through. When...
  4. Les Paul xbox 360 guitar won't pair with guitar hero 360 dongle on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Les Paul xbox 360 guitar won't pair with guitar hero 360 dongle on Windows 11 PC: I still have my Les Paul Xbox 360 wireless guitar and I have the guitar hero 360 dongle as well but I cannot get them to pair on my Windows 11 pc. I have followed numerous guides and they still...
  5. how do u sync wireless guitars to a xbox 360 for guitar hero live 360? no dongle. is there...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do u sync wireless guitars to a xbox 360 for guitar hero live 360? no dongle. is there...: I have a xbox 360 and i am trying to sync the guitars to guitar hero Live? is there a sequence that i must follow? 662b46bf-9b1f-45df-94ca-54018e79e366
  6. xbox 360 Guitar hero or Rock Band wireless guitar controller

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 Guitar hero or Rock Band wireless guitar controller: Connect xbox 360 Guitar hero or Rock Band wireless guitar controller to xbox one via xbox usb wireless adapter for windows 507d1e10-9c9c-43e9-b599-4e00efec62b2
  7. Xbox 360 Guitar Hero compatibility?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Guitar Hero compatibility?: Hi. I've got Guitar Hero World tour along with 2 guitars, drum kit and microphone with the Xbox 360. Haven't played it in years but I've recently gotten interested again to play with friends and...
  8. Guitar Hero Xbox 360 Dongle

in XBoX on Windows
    Guitar Hero Xbox 360 Dongle: So I updated my computer recently with the latest Windows update ( the 2004 update I believe, ) and since then I haven't been able to sync my wireless guitar hero guitar to my dongle.The dongle...
  9. xbox 360 usb for guitar hero not working on windows 10.

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 usb for guitar hero not working on windows 10.: xbox 360 usb for guitar hero not working on windows 10. Recently it worked perfectly but now when you want to install the windows 10 drivers in device manager, there is no way it works. Any...
  10. Guitar hero xbox 360 xplorer controller won't power on when connected to pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Guitar hero xbox 360 xplorer controller won't power on when connected to pc.: I'm attempting to connect my xbox 360 xplorer controller to my pc. When I plug it in it wont even turn on, nor is it recognized in device manager in any shape or form. Ive tried usb 2.0 and 3.0...