How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

Discus and support How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm looking for a way to disable an Xbox controller's ability to control the Windows UI (start menu, settings and anything else built into Windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BLiNX the time sweeper, Dec 4, 2023.

1. How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

I'm looking for a way to disable an Xbox controller's ability to control the Windows UI (start menu, settings and anything else built into Windows 10 that can be navigated with a controller). This is mainly due to a bug that happens sometimes when the batteries fall out or die during a game where the last registered input keeps repeating infinitely in the OS itself regardless of what I do (this doesn't mess with gameplay from what I've experienced of it though, so it's hard to tell when it happens until after I close whatever I was playing). When this happens with the left analog stick, it makes stuff like the start menu completely inaccessible and the settings app unusable until I hold the power button to force my PC to shut down. In both cases, it keeps scrolling up or down through options endlessly and closing whatever menus I open. The controller I use is the official Xbox Series S controller that originally came with my Series S console (but I've also had this happen with an older Xbox One S controller too).

Computer info:

System - HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx
    OS - Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version - 10.0.19045 Build 19045

RAM - 24 GB

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3500 6-Core Processor
    GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050

***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Accessibility***

:)

BLiNX the time sweeper, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello BLiNX the time sweeper god,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello BLiNX the time sweeper god,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface, you can follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.

3. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GameInput\Parameters

4. Right-click on the Parameters folder and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.

5. Name the new value "AllowGameControllersInUI" (without quotes).

6. Double-click on the new value and set its data to 0.

7. Click OK and close the Registry Editor.

This will disable the ability of Xbox controllers to control the Windows UI. However, please note that this may also disable the ability to use Xbox controllers in some games and applications that rely on the GameInput API.

I hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Internet Expert Win User

How to connect Xbox one s controller to iPhone 6 plus

You can't, unfortunately.

The Xbox One S controller's bluetooth function was mainly designed for Windows 10 PC users, as Windows 10 (with the Anniversary update) has the necessary drivers to properly interface with the controller, most likely to coincide with the recent "Play Anywhere"
    feature for Xbox One.

With that in mind, Microsoft did not release bluetooth controller drivers for other platforms, so there is no official support of the Xbox One S controller outside of Windows 10.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

xbox controller not discoverable on bluetooth on windows 10

Hi there
    Tjalfe1,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with connecting the Xbox One controller to your PC.

I recommend taking a look at the following article:
    How
    to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

• Bluetooth requires a PC running the Windows 10. See
      Windows Update: FAQto
      learn how to get the latest Windows update.
    • For best performance, update your controller. See
      How
      to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10
    • Bluetooth is supported on PCs, tablets, and laptops. It is not supported on mobile devices.
    • Bluetooth does not support any attachments, such as headsets,
      chatpads, or the Xbox Stereo Adapter.
    • We recommend connecting only one controller at a time using Bluetooth.

If the issue persists, try reaching out to
    Asus Customer support
    for assistance with the Bluetooth Dongle. Have you attempted to connect another Bluetooth device? I would recommend to try using the

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10

Hope this helps.
  6. Joey_Microsoft Win User

How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

I would suggest contacting the third party you use
    @WoA NightWolf V - Not Helpful, please actually read the post before you reply

Replied on May 16, 2019

No! Your understanding is incorrect. Let me help you. I just removed my xbox 360 wired controller and plugged it into a completely different Windows 10 machine. The driver was installed and i can now control several things with the joystick using the controller...

I am trying to disable this feature.

Is your guys job just to push off the problem to someone else here if you dont know the solution? A viable response in my opinion would be "I DONT KNOW, SORRY". Why even reply if you have to solutions? This is going from one "Ambassador" to another with
    the same dense response.
Thema:

1. How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface? - Similar Threads - disable controller support

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots: I cannot find the setting to disable the functionality of the Xbox controller taking a screenshot when I press the button. I use that button for steam screenshots so it is very annoying that a...
  4. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  5. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  6. Disable Touch controller on remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable Touch controller on remote play?: After the last update to the Xbox App (Android), every time I remote play - the touch controls interface pop up. I don't ever use touch, how can I disable this? I use my elite controller with...
  7. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  8. Please Help X Box Controller Disabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help X Box Controller Disabled: Hi, I would very much to buy and play Starfield Deluxe on the XBox X. The problem is that my right hand is recovering from major surgery and box compartment syndrome. For this reason my trigger...
  9. how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller: actually the problem is i have a ps3 controller that i have been trying to connect but the controller keeps being recognized as xbox360 controller. i tried disabling device signature enforcement...
  10. Is there any way to disable the "You need a controller to pplay this game" popup on xbox,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way to disable the "You need a controller to pplay this game" popup on xbox,...: Just what the question is asking. Im trying to use turning my controller off for a very specific glitch but the popup is making me unable to do so. 0e48f0da-f3ce-4b4a-9c69-d19588cd2589