How to use mic and headset on xbox cloud to hear friends on PlayStation or pc?

Discus and support How to use mic and headset on xbox cloud to hear friends on PlayStation or pc? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m using xbox cloud on my samsung tv. I have a razor head plugged into my controller but can’t hear the game or friends. Am I able to use the headset... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sam Smillie, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Sam Smillie
    Sam Smillie Guest

I’m using xbox cloud on my samsung tv. I have a razor head plugged into my controller but can’t hear the game or friends. Am I able to use the headset on the cloud with controller?

:)

Sam Smillie, Nov 7, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Sam. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm afraid to say it, but Microphone output isn't currently supported when you use the Xbox app available on Samsung TVs. You can still use your headset to hear game and chat audio.

But if you want to talk, you can instead use party chat with the Xbox mobile app for Android or iOS.

In addition to that, in order to hear audio from your headset, you need to connect it via Bluetooth to your TV by following these steps:

Launch a game from inside the Xbox app or from the Samsung Gaming Hub.
    Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, scroll down, and then select the Headset icon. This will open the Samsung settings menu.
    Select Audio > Bluetooth Speaker List.
    Put your Bluetooth headset into pairing mode. When your TV detects your headset, select it from the list and then follow the prompts.
    Your headset should connect to your TV automatically the next time you turn it on.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/set-up-smart-tv-xbox-app

Thanks for your attention,

Arturo.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox party relays everything I hear through my computer through the mic.

Im2UrRight

So you chat thru the PC and listen with a headset? if that is the case then that is why they getting feedback due to it going thru the mic on PC. If you are chatting thru a headset try turning the setting called mic monitoring down under Audio that is basically
    how sensitive the mic is if it set way up it will pick up everything. As far as if all this been done I wear my ear buds and have it all set my friends tell me they hear noises that are blocks away, just got a very sensitive mic. Can also try just setting
    party chat to headset only.

hope this helps

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Support
  4. Cerebral Paul Win User

“We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be under "Post a question" or "Post a discussion"

Just to clarify a couple things:

The system doesn't detect the mic, but do you still hear sounds through the headset at all?

When you connect the headset to the PC does the PC recognize the mic and you can record to the PC with it? (you can test the mic volume to see if the PC is actually registering any sound from the mic)
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Blocking glitch

Hello LaggisBaggis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you would like to communicate with your friend and is hindered by not hearing your friend while in game. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

We would like to isolate the issue in order for us to better assist.

1. May we ask if you are the only teammate or playmate that has issues hearing your friend?
    2. Have they tried using different headset?
    3. What is their headset make and model?
    4. In what platform are you both playing?
    5. Can your friend see your name under Friends tab?
    6. Can your friend use the same headset and record on PC or phone? Will they have issues hearing themselves?
    7. Is the headset or mic of your friend connected directly to Xbox Console or PC or it is on controller connected?

We have here a troubleshooting that your friend can follow if they have Wireless Headset: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Radiant Sword X Win User

Xbox one mic beeping on Xbox one windows 10 app

It maybe your headset mic. Try using a USB mic for speaking there while you use your headset to hear. That is what I would do since the mic from the headset may have issues at times.
Thema:

1. How to use mic and headset on xbox cloud to hear friends on PlayStation or pc? - Similar Threads - mic headset cloud

2. Wireless headset mic broken , is this fixable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset mic broken , is this fixable: My mic has broken off my headset , is this repairable 1bffb11b-8023-4be7-9226-ee1bae3a007b
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  5. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  6. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  7. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  8. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  9. Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't: Short Version: I have a recon 50 headset that is wired and has a separate microphone. They are still fairly new. I have had them for 1 month and 5 days, and only used then a handful of times. So...
  10. I have a turtle beach headset with a cord and I’m trying to use the mic for cloud gaming on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a turtle beach headset with a cord and I’m trying to use the mic for cloud gaming on...: I have a turtle beach headset with a cord and I’m trying to use the mic for cloud gaming on my ps5 backbone but for some reason I can’t speak even if I click the unmute bottom any suggestions?...