How to use dlc codes on games brought second hand for xbox

Discus and support How to use dlc codes on games brought second hand for xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone ,I have recently purchased destiny 1 legendary pack from my local cex store. When I opened the game there were dlc code cards for the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheOGJT, Sep 17, 2023.

1. TheOGJT
    TheOGJT Guest

Hi everyone ,I have recently purchased destiny 1 legendary pack from my local cex store.

When I opened the game there were dlc code cards for the game, but when I enter the codes I am met with the msg telling me the codes have already been redeemed, and other than returning the game, is there any way I can get mew codes for this game. Or who do I contact for support?

Many thanks

:)

TheOGJT, Sep 17, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Noone when you buy a game.used that is the risk you take
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

There is no way to get new codes. They were only intended for the original purchaser

You may be able to buy the items in the game's store
  4. Phill The Power Win User

How many truly broken Kinects?

Add me, I simply brought a second hand one from Game for £50, worst experience of Xbox support,
  5. voteDC Win User

Borderlands GOTY edition used dlc codes already used.

Regardless of the return policy, I'm afraid ngocphi is correct about DLC.

The only guarantee of getting a working DLC codes is if you buy a new copy of the game. If you chose to buy second-hand then you run the risk of those codes having been used. Your brother was very lucky to have purchased a second-hand game in which the DLC
    code had not been redeemed.

In fact the very reason more and more games are following this trend of DLC codes is to make the purchase of a second-hand copy less attractive.

Best of luck with the return, I genuinely hope you get your money back, but it should also be a lesson that if you want the full package, a new copy is the only way to go.

If you were under the assumption that this game was new, then I'd lodge a complaint with the manager of the store that sold you the game and in the future only accept the game if the official Microsoft seal is in place.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Bought a second hand game. Got a problem.

Hi Sakura-Mochi!

Since you did purchase a game second hand and the original owner has already redeemed the code for the DLC, this does mean that you would need to purchase that DLC on your own.

Hope that helps answer your question!
    That is the pitfall of buying second-hand software. While you may well get a lower price, if there was something else in the bundle (as you saw, with DLC, bonus levels, etc.), that will most certainly have been used.

Many games will let you buy the DLC separately, and potentially at a lower cost if the game has been out a couple of years. But the only guaranteed way to get all the DLC and such in the bundle is to buy it new. I have bought used software that did have a code
    that wasn't redeemed, but I was definitely VERY lucky.
Thema:

1. How to use dlc codes on games brought second hand for xbox - Similar Threads - dlc codes games

2. i play on PC. my friend bought me dlc for Destiny 2 and i redeemed the code in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i play on PC. my friend bought me dlc for Destiny 2 and i redeemed the code in the...: . I have already tried restarting and nothing ever pops up. 15f9e531-ac8c-4c4a-b06b-c3d12adeb955
  3. If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?: I want to gift a friend a fortnite DLC add-on via the xbox store from my console, but they are in the EU, while i am US based. If i gift sed friend the DLC, would it be locjed to my region, do...
  4. Code not found for friend for a gifted Destiny 2 DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Code not found for friend for a gifted Destiny 2 DLC: I gifted Destiny 2 Witch Queen to my Canadian friend and it said code not found when he tries to redeem it. He's switched regions, we've tried removing and power cycling then re-adding the account...
  5. Why does my code give me Advanced Warfare DLC 2 and not DLC 1?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my code give me Advanced Warfare DLC 2 and not DLC 1?: The code gave me Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare DLC 2: ASCENDANCE and not DLC 1: HAVOC. 38a31431-40f1-4ed8-864b-55d30a22d1e0
  6. Error code 0x87e0000d when trying to instal AOE II DE dlc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e0000d when trying to instal AOE II DE dlc: Installed Age of Empires II Definitive edition - fine. Tried to install the DLC that comes with the game and continuously get Error Code: 0x87e0000d . Tried updating windows on PC. Restarted...
  7. Lost my dlc code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost my dlc code: Hi I have a dlc code for a game and I covered the code because I was doing a giveaway for my online community. I covered it to show proof I had the code to giveaway and now ive forgotten where I...
  8. Never got a code for Game after I bought DLC and now game is not on game pass and can not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Never got a code for Game after I bought DLC and now game is not on game pass and can not...: Hi, Forza Motorsport 7 was on game pass until recently it was dropped. It mentioned before it got dropped that anyone who bought DLC would receive a code and own the game and still be able to...
  9. Received Alan Wake code for game and dlc but not windows 10 code and didn't receive ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Received Alan Wake code for game and dlc but not windows 10 code and didn't receive ...: Received Alan Wake code for game and dlc but not windows 10 code and didn't receive American Nightmare code 353d6740-2479-46c9-8d4b-26b3696bc103
  10. DLC Code redeemed but no DLC in game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC Code redeemed but no DLC in game?: Hello everyone, I have recently re-bought a brand new copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 as my original copy had a circular scratch (I never move my console while a game is running so I was...