How to use an old name on Minecraft from an account that was not migrated.

Discus and support How to use an old name on Minecraft from an account that was not migrated. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I have been attempting to get access to and old name I used on minecraft for a number of years before migration happened. I had a name... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Corbin Gurnee, Nov 13, 2023.

1. How to use an old name on Minecraft from an account that was not migrated.

Hello,

I have been attempting to get access to and old name I used on minecraft for a number of years before migration happened.

I had a name associated with a Mojang account that is my goto name for everything. However, I eventually stopped playing minecraft for a large amount of time.

I have recently tried to start playing again, however migration has ended. When I then attempted to migrate my account, it deactivated my old Mojang account, however my name from that account was not made available.

When I attempted to create a profile, it continually said that name was not available.

I only use this name when playing so if I could get assistance in changing names I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

Corbin Gurnee, Nov 13, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Corbin! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft account. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the information I've gathered, it is still not possible to acquire the old Minecraft user name because it is still considered to exist even if it is an unmigrated account.

In this case, I highly suggest you reach out to Mojang for further clarifications as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case. You may contact them using the link below:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/request/new?ticket_form_id=360001225811

You may also check this link for reference:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/pgpdy1/what_happens_to_accounts_that_dont_migrate_will/

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. bowski477 Win User

Transfering minecraft data from one to another microsoft-account

4. Nkosana23 Win User

Will suspended account eventually be deleted?

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately deactivating an account will not free up the Minecraft profile name to be used on a different account. Old Minecraft accounts do not have a deactivation feature. To deactivate an old Minecraft account, you must first migrate it to a Mojang account. Still, this does not allow you to reuse the user name.

For more details on the above kindly visit: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us...ng an account will not,it to a Mojang account

I hope this helps resolve your issue.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Can I transfer my Minecraft account to my new Xbox account

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello lisablake3, minecraft account migration to a Microsoft account exists, if you haven't already made this migration follow the steps below.

How to Migrate Your Mojang Account to a Microsoft Account

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

However, if you have already migrated to one Microsoft account, you will not be able to transfer the game to another account.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Minecraft migration.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello SlayIsBae, the best way to get your questions about Minecraft account migration would be by the link below.

How to Migrate Your Mojang Account to a Microsoft Account

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

https://www.windowscentral.com/minecraft-java-e...

Note (Standard Disclaimer): This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
Thema:

1. How to use an old name on Minecraft from an account that was not migrated. - Similar Threads - old name Minecraft

2. My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked: The account xen luvs god, which was previously mine was hacked yesterday, the password was changed, the recover phone number was changed, and the recovery email was changed, the email that created...
  3. I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...: I am on xbox one s and yesterday i changed my name after 2 years. I did not use the classic custom gamertag option and after i changed it it updated it in all of my games but when i am in a party...
  4. How to change your old gaming tag name

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change your old gaming tag name: How change back your old gamingtag name a0eed571-9922-4033-a945-d02be4d8e55a
  5. How to search for an old account's name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to search for an old account's name?: My Xbox1 got the black screen and I had to reset it, everything stayed fine except my main account was gone, I remember the first part of the name but not the numbers at the end, and I dont have...
  6. Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name: Hi! For the past 4 years ive been studying at school and university and have not really played minecraft. I did not know about this migration and unfortunately have missed the date. Ive had this...
  7. Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?: Recently purchased a new gamertag, but it still shows my old name above new name. Anyone know why? [img] 39aea6a9-41ab-4d54-b546-3e09446c7d8d
  8. Is there a way to find out the full name of my old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to find out the full name of my old gamertag?: Hello, I want to change my actual gamertag to my first gamertag but the problem is that I don't remember the full name (I know only the name but I forget de numeric value from the end). I know...
  9. Locked out of old xbox account and my computer has wrong name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of old xbox account and my computer has wrong name: My kid used his name w/one ilof my email address to make an xbox 1 account. Shortly after I bought a computer, and when I set it up it took that account name. Now it made everything on my computer...
  10. Will they ever purge old account names again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will they ever purge old account names again?: I've had the same gamertag forever with numbers at the end of my name. There's an account that hasn't been active in almost a decade that has my name, but without numbers. Will microsoft ever...