How to upgrade a 250 GB HDD with a 320 GB HDD on X360 slim

Discus and support How to upgrade a 250 GB HDD with a 320 GB HDD on X360 slim in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox360 slim model. The one with the direct SATA interface, not the older proprietary connector. The console originally came with a 250 GB... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mitsmanwe, Jan 20, 2014.

1. mitsmanwe
    mitsmanwe Guest

I have an Xbox360 slim model. The one with the direct SATA interface, not the older proprietary connector. The console originally came with a 250 GB hard drive, which is now almost full. In a perfect world -or at least one with common sense- I would just
    be able to use any hard disk, but now I'll make do with the official 320 GB solution. It's just unclear to me how can I transfer all the content I have already stored, to the new HDD. "Painlessly" being the operative word, here. That is, I'm looking for a
    solution that doesn't involve a load of USB sticks, or a few days of redownloading my content on XboxLive. Is there any kind of software / hardware solution that will simply let me move whatever I now have on the 250 GB HDD, directly to the new 320 GB HDD?

:)

mitsmanwe, Jan 20, 2014
  2. Danno McK.
    Danno McK. Guest
    XBox Halo 2 will not play on XBox 360

[quote user="Irish Elf"]And I just read something about how if its the 4GB Xbox Slim, it will not work. Well, I have that and I also have a 120GB HD.[/quote]

There was no Microsoft 120 GB HDD for the 360S consoles; they started with 250 GB and are now available in 320 GB. You'll be able to play original Xbox games on a 4GB 360S console if you add an official Microsoft HDD in 250 GB or 320 GB. (It's always
    been the case that only official Microsoft HDDs enabled backward compatibility, for the games on BC list.)

Danno McK., Jan 20, 2014
  3. ObjectedNut
    ObjectedNut Guest
    Has anyone been banned from XBOX live for using aftermarket hard drives?

I bought a used microsoft 250 gb hdd for $80 from a store called Gamers, and that is for the original 360. With the 320 gb hdd out for the slim it be possible places have used 250's for sale atm for them.

ObjectedNut, Jan 20, 2014
  4. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest

Hi, there is a data transfer kit you can use.

-

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable

-

I can't stress enough how important it is to only use a genuine Microsoft branded data transfer cable. Using third party cables causes all sorts of issues from lost data to unusable hard drives.

EggsBoxJuan, Jan 20, 2014
  5. mitsmanwe
    mitsmanwe Guest
    I actually came across that product before posting my question, and it's no good. This particular cable only works for connecting an HDD from an older console (the proprietary interface I was talking about) with an HDD for the new revisions of the X360.
    I am looking for something that connects two officially licensed SATA hard disks, for the latest, "slim", X360.

mitsmanwe, Jan 20, 2014
  6. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    the current transfer cable has a connector for both the old fat drives and the internal slim drive. you put the new bigger drive in the 360, connect one end of the cable to the smaller drive, and the other end into the USB jack of your 360 and then transfer
    that data.

davemcfly85, Oct 31, 2018
  7. davemcfly85 Win User

the current transfer cable has a connector for both the old fat drives and the internal slim drive. you put the new bigger drive in the 360, connect one end of the cable to the smaller drive, and the other end into the USB jack of your 360 and then transfer
    that data.
  8. mitsmanwe Win User

I actually came across that product before posting my question, and it's no good. This particular cable only works for connecting an HDD from an older console (the proprietary interface I was talking about) with an HDD for the new revisions of the X360.
    I am looking for something that connects two officially licensed SATA hard disks, for the latest, "slim", X360.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, there is a data transfer kit you can use.

-

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable

-

I can't stress enough how important it is to only use a genuine Microsoft branded data transfer cable. Using third party cables causes all sorts of issues from lost data to unusable hard drives.
  10. ObjectedNut Win User

Has anyone been banned from XBOX live for using aftermarket hard drives?

I bought a used microsoft 250 gb hdd for $80 from a store called Gamers, and that is for the original 360. With the 320 gb hdd out for the slim it be possible places have used 250's for sale atm for them.
  11. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Battfield 4 update causingred light

There is no 120 gigabyte HDD for the slim which means you're using an aftermarket HDD.

Aftermarket products are not covered by support.

You will need to buy an official 250 GB or 320 GB HDD from Microsoft. E68 is due to the counterfeit drive malfunctioning.
Thema:

1. How to upgrade a 250 GB HDD with a 320 GB HDD on X360 slim - Similar Threads - upgrade 250 HDD

2. Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install: I was using windows 10 (1903) edition on my core i5 6th gen machine. I bought and installed Microsoft Flight simulator from the store and it worked fine. I upgraded my PC hardware to intel core...
  3. Unable to upgrade xbox wireless headset firmware from windows PC 10/11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to upgrade xbox wireless headset firmware from windows PC 10/11: Hello! yesterday i received my new Xbox wireless headset, but there is no way to execute a firmware upgrade. I am going to use the headset on windows PC or mobile phone, so i have to upgrade by...
  4. Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441): I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  5. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  6. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  7. Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd: I have an Xbox One X which has a hard drive that has failed. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to an ssd as I tried going to repair shops and they are charging more than $200....
  8. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  9. why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING: I redeemed reward points so I could change from game pass core to game pass ultimate has NOT WORKED on xbox showing in my order history states its done but it has NOT when I go onto my xbox one...
  10. How do I upgrade my Xbox from a IPv4 to the recommend IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I upgrade my Xbox from a IPv4 to the recommend IPv6?: How do I upgrade my Xbox from the IPv4 to the recommend IPv6? 1519e489-a9a8-4f83-9b61-3b0e14068cbc