How to update Day One Commemorative Xbox One Controller

Discus and support How to update Day One Commemorative Xbox One Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to update the firmware on my day one controller from way back in 2013 because I still like to use it and prefer the feel of it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BuffBro, Nov 22, 2023.

1. BuffBro
    BuffBro Guest

I've been trying to update the firmware on my day one controller from way back in 2013 because I still like to use it and prefer the feel of it compared to newer ones. The controller desperately needs a firmware update, however, as it is still on version 1.2.2236.0 instead of the most recent 5.17.3202.0. Upon trying to update it, I was informed that it would require a USB connection, so I did just that, except my Xbox said that there was no connection (even though it said the controller was on charge/plugged in) and so I tried the back port as well with the same result. Also tried with another USB cable. After these poor results, I went to my laptop to update it via the Xbox Accessories app, but the controller would not connect to my laptop via bluetooth or USB. I really want this controller to work and not have to be thrown away as it holds great sentimental value; is there anything I can do?

:)

BuffBro, Nov 22, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: