How to Unlink Playstation Account (Minecraft Bedrock Edition PS4)

Discus and support How to Unlink Playstation Account (Minecraft Bedrock Edition PS4) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This issue has not been resolved in the MSN support community and MSN moderators made the below referenced thread unable to be commented on, blocking... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 1nsyte, May 29, 2020.

1. 1nsyte
    1nsyte Guest

This issue has not been resolved in the MSN support community and MSN moderators made the below referenced thread unable to be commented on, blocking further discussion of the topic with out a repost.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/d7467f9c-7e9a-4866-af63-6ee800074d50?page=1

Has anyone found any new workarounds or solutions?

SUMMARY:

This thread is to revive discussion of the continuing issue of not being able to unlink Microsoft Accounts from PS4 accounts in the Minecraft Bedrock Edition that launched in December 2019 by Minecraft's purchaser Microsoft. Mojang was the original developer
    and 4J studios has developed the cross platform version of Minecraft Bedrock. This PS4 version superseded the Legacy edition of Minecraft for PS4 and was intended to implement cross-platform play for Sony Network gamers.

Creating a unified gaming space is a noble effort, however it also linked Microsoft Network and Playstation Networks who have notoriously been competitors in the industry with their XBox and Playstation gaming consoles. This forces the two agencies to cooperate
    or use a mediator or middle party to protect their proprietary information (assumedly), making resolution complicated, it seems.

I am reopening the topic for further troubleshooting and to bring attention to the developers that the problem still persists, is a serious malfunction and that it could cause significant potential loss of revenue and bad public relations with consumers.

THE PROBLEM:

Currently if a person logs the wrong account to their playstation account it may become indefinitely connected and unable to be separated. This poses a problem for users who have large Playstation Store histories because the only sure way to resolve this
    issue is to create a new Playstation Network account and link the desired Microsoft Network account to it (making the prior account either obsolete, or unable to be used with Minecraft.) This also poses a problem of login profiles, trophies, and everything
    else connected with PSN gamer profiles.

This also could pose a theoretical problem that if a Microsoft account linked to the Minecraft store linked to the incorrect Playstation Network account could also be irreversibly linked--however the author has not seen this complaint in research on this
    issue.

For users of primarily Macintosh (Apple) and PSN products Microsoft profile creation and Alias attribution can be confusing and that may also contribute to the problem. (I have had two accounts ruined by automatic alias attribution, editing appears to be
    impossible without a Windows or Xbox device. An example of the confusion caused by unclear messaging by Microsoft is this:

According to Microsoft support, once an account is deleted Microsoft has posted that the alias (email address) may never be usable again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028404/microsoft-account-linking-accounts

That is posted on the same date as another post that states that accounts can be merged and aliases changed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12407/microsoft-account-change-email-phone-number

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

A couple resolutions have worked for some: an unlink account option exists in game, and a "Remove Data Files" option from the storage of the PS4 console files has also been discovered that works for some users, however these resolutions are not effective
    for all players.

Both of those workarounds can be seen in the thread link at the top of this post.

Even removing the entire game and forfeiting all maps and saves does not reconcile this issue, proving that it is a problem with data held in a 3rd party registry (either MSN, PSN, Mojang, or 4J).

I have also reached out to Playstation support Management and they have assured me that the data files of the linked accounts are not held on their servers--directing players to Mojang.

Mojang has an open ticket with my complaint about this topic: support request (674965)

As for the confusion of User profiles with Microsoft? At least when posting this very post, I was given the option to create my own unique alias--or more specifically: edit a suggested auto-populated alias. Cool option for the Microsoft Community. I wish
    it carried over to my Microsoft Account.

I also wish somewhere there were a services map available to new users on their Microsoft Account or a "welcome" splash page help new members. Maybe outsiders joining the community for cross platform coordination could be helped by that, or a tutorial,
    or something... the bureaucracy is so big here. Ugh.

:)

1nsyte, May 29, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: