How to turn screen narration off

Discus and support How to turn screen narration off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox one is doing this weird thing where once I launch a game some kind of screen narration turns on. Screen narration does not work on main Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jade LaRose, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Jade LaRose
    Jade LaRose Guest

My Xbox one is doing this weird thing where once I launch a game some kind of screen narration turns on. Screen narration does not work on main Xbox screens only when in a game which is mildly irritating as in the game settings the narration is still turned off is there any way to fix it?

:)

Jade LaRose, Jul 12, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Jade LaRose,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We know how inconvenient it is to hear the screen narrate turned on when you play a game. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on your description, you are hearing screen narration when you are in game however, upon checking the settings for narration it is disabled. We would like to know what games you are trying to play that plays this narration.

May we ask if you have checked the game's settings for accessibility if the narration was turned on? Or was it the Xbox settings narration was enabled?

Please read the guide here: Turn on and adjust Narrator | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Smwutches Win User

Announcing Commands

That's the Xbox Narrator. Follow these steps to turn it off:

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

Go down to the fifth tab and select Settings.

Scroll left and select the default option, All Settings.

The bottom option in Settings is Ease of Access. Scroll down to it and then scroll right to find and select Narrator.

The focus will default to the area where you can turn narrator on and off again. Press the A button on your controller to turn the narrator on. To turn it off, press the A button again.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Text to Speech or Narrator on during gameplay....

Hi MarshallLaFar

Below is a guide on how to turn narrator on/off:

Turn on Narrator on Xbox One

Narrator is a screen reader that reads text, buttons, and other elements aloud.

• If you're using a controller, press and hold the Xbox button until it vibrates, then press the Menu button . (Press them again to turn off Narrator.)
    • Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator to turn it on or off.
    • If you're using a keyboard, press the Windows logo key + Ctrl + Enter. (Press them again to turn off Narrator.)
    To use voice commands, say “Hey Cortana, turn on Narrator” or “Xbox, turn on Narrator.”

Note

Voice commands may not be available in all countries or regions.
  6. REN AERO Win User

Narration

Dear
    Jean1Land

Here is one method

Turn off the Narrator From the Power Menu
    Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller until the power menu opens.

Press the menu button (three horizontal lines) to turn off the narrator.

Return to the home screen, and verify that the narrator is off.

Follow link for further options:

https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-narrator-on-xbox-one-4571010

Happy Gaming. :)
Thema:

1. How to turn screen narration off - Similar Threads - turn screen narration

2. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?: I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on...
  3. HELP. Green screen when I turn on my Xbox. How do I fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    HELP. Green screen when I turn on my Xbox. How do I fix it?: When I turned my Xbox on the screen only shows green. When I move the stick around it still makes the sound for selecting things. Is there anyway to fix this submitted by /u/FlaminghairBall_...
  4. When I turn on my Xbox nothing shows up on the screen and then the fan stops.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox nothing shows up on the screen and then the fan stops.: I just dusted off my xbox series x and tried to turn it on but when i did Nothing showed up on the screen, and then eventually the fan stopped. when i try to turn it off The home button still...
  5. Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen: Youtube app keeps crashing de16a5f1-9a99-4ee8-927a-be1ea2eebf97
  6. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  7. Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?: So i have a KOORUI 24 inch 165 hz monitor I had just recently bought and everything has been perfect, it was great up until now. I have both and xbox and a pc and the monitor does not work on...
  8. Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...: Ive tried to do everything I know when it comes to factory resetting the whole Xbox with and without games. Its strange as a he white screen only happens when I try to load into an actual game. If...
  9. What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?: I've read some ways of how to fix it and still cant fix it. If you now how to fix this please email me. 8f4bd6dd-0efd-4ca3-b5dd-297f35203bc5
  10. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4