How to turn on 1440p 120 Hz on XBOX Series S?

Discus and support How to turn on 1440p 120 Hz on XBOX Series S? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I've bought a Samsung Odyssey G3 monitor, which supports up to 1440p 144 Hz. I plugged it to my XBOX Series S and a problem occured. I'm able... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dawid_TE34, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Dawid_TE34
    Dawid_TE34 Guest

Hello,

I've bought a Samsung Odyssey G3 monitor, which supports up to 1440p 144 Hz. I plugged it to my XBOX Series S and a problem occured. I'm able to switch the resolution up to 1440p but there's a problem with a frame rate. When I switch from 60 Hz to 120 Hz the screen goes all black and I can't see anything. After 20s it come's back to 60 Hz. Why is it so and how can I fix it? I've got the FreeSync Premium turned off and also HDMI set as an override in XBOX settings. I've tried switching to 8-, 10- and 12-bits but nothing worked.

:)

Dawid_TE34, Nov 6, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

My screen turn on black when i try to run a game on 120 FPS

What resolution are you trying to run at

If 4k 120 Hz then no it won't run at thaf

The max for series s is 1440p at 120hz

It will play at 4k bur only some games and with issues

The series s is meant for 1080p 120 max

With suggested 90hz

The xbox series x and ps5 and switch pro are the only 4k consoles

One x does 4k at 30hz and ps4 pro upscales
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Because your monitor doesn't support it properly. It's overclocked. VESA standards are for everyone to adhere to so consumer electronics work together reliably

Monitors are intended for use with a PC, where these standards are different. I always recommend just buying a TV unless you're doing professional graphics or video work where color accuracy is important.

This monitor retails for $179, it's not meant for performance. The product page specifically says it's intended only for computer use. Devices that do 120hz natively, both in electronics and the actual panel, start closer to $500
  4. Dawid_TE34 Win User

It's Samsung Odyssey G3 F24G3T
  5. Dawid_TE34 Win User

I've tried it and I'm theoritically able to turn on1080p 120 Hz but when I enter the game (I've tried EA FC 24 and Fortnite) I still have 60 FPS. In Fortnite you have to turn on 120 FPS in settings but there is a problem - I don't have that option.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

144hz is not a VESA standard timing, you may still have issues. It has to be real, not overclocked multiples of 30
Thema:

1. How to turn on 1440p 120 Hz on XBOX Series S? - Similar Threads - turn 1440p 120

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  4. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  5. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  6. How can I turn my child account into an adult account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I turn my child account into an adult account?: My microsoft account is apart of a family, where this account is a child account and another account is the parent. I am now 19 and am trying to buy a game off the microsoft store but it says I...
  7. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  8. My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...: It was working fine just a few hours before and its not hot. 544c488e-0bd1-4de5-ad65-cf1f0d554101
  9. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  10. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...