How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc

Discus and support How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; if you get a new computer and have games on xbox app store on your old computer, such as MSFS, then can you redownload the old computers games from the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Marcus_048, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Marcus_048
    Marcus_048 Guest

How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc

if you get a new computer and have games on xbox app store on your old computer, such as MSFS, then can you redownload the old computers games from the xbox app store to your new computer? Like MSFS 40th anniversary edition.

:)

Marcus_048, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

You don't have to do anything on the old device if you don't want to.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Yes. Just sign into the same account and they'll be listed in your library in the app and you can install them from there.
  4. Marcus_048 Win User

Do I have to do anything to the games on the old device? Uninstall, etc. or can I just take out the micro SD card from the old computer, put it into the new computer, format the card then install the games to the new device?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Playing previously purchased Xbox games (Play Anywhere games) on a PC running Windows 10

Hi,

Sounds to me like they aren't signed in with the same account they used before. To download previously purchased games again on a new system or otherwise, they need to be signed in with the same account that purchased the game/s.

Xbox Companion App is for streaming games from an Xbox console to a PC. The Xbox App for PC is used for PC Game Pass, if you don't have Game Pass Ultimate or just Game Pass PC, you don't need to use this app as purchased games can be downloaded using the Windows Store App in Windows 10.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

How to backup games which are installed from Microsoft Store.?

you cannot access game files for windows store or xbox app, they are under an encrypted folder.

you can sign in on the new computer and download again and if it has cloud saves that will follow.

if it does not have cloud saves you can possibly transfer the saves using gamesave-manager which is a third party free utility that finds all games saves on a pc and stores them for you to move to a new system.
Thema:

1. How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc - Similar Threads - transfer previously downloaded

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  5. While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...: Then steel and titanium can I transfer my data off of my Xbox 360 hard drive to the newer Xbox gaming systems with a transfer cable 1d0531f7-9492-4396-8f97-37a494cb9e25
  6. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  7. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  8. Previous purchases transfer to new console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous purchases transfer to new console: Previous purchases on my xbox one wont transfer to the xbox series S ba4a211f-77f5-40b7-8dd3-4e59ee94926e
  9. Previous content history did not transfer to the new character I created.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous content history did not transfer to the new character I created.: I made a new character on Grand Theft Auto 5 online and my previous game balance and purchased content did not transfer over to my new character. c68cba9e-7c8f-4a9b-84cd-685ae47f4d84
  10. previous pre order dlc transfer to next gen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    previous pre order dlc transfer to next gen: I am trying to find out if its possible to transfer my previous evil within and destiny dlc from the 360 to xbox one, specifically the pre order bonus fighting chance pack for evil within and the...