How to transfer (old email) existing xbox account -> (new) existing main email account?

Discus and support How to transfer (old email) existing xbox account -> (new) existing main email account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an email address (...........@gmail.com) that I want to keep as my primary email address FOR EVERYTHING. My Xbox's old email account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by A Rando Skateboarder, Jan 16, 2023.

1. How to transfer (old email) existing xbox account -> (new) existing main email account?

I have an email address (...........@gmail.com) that I want to keep as my primary email address FOR EVERYTHING. My Xbox's old email account (..........@hotmail.com) contains all my games, history, and game pass subscription. I'd like to update this email address for compatibility reasons. I cant find a way to add my Xbox account into my primary email!!!! Can this be updated? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The steps I've taken so far:

(this is on my old email's Microsoft account)

"My Account" - "Your Info" - "Edit Account Info" - "Add Email" - *enters new active email account I'm trying to switch to* - "This email address is already taken. Please try another"

And I cannot delete this old "alias" without adding a new one, and it'll be gone permanently along will all my games and gamepass subscription. YET I CANT ADD THE EMAIL I WANT TO HAVE TAKE ITS PLACE!!!

:)

A Rando Skateboarder, Jan 16, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

How to transfer (old email) existing xbox account -> (new) existing main email account?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with changing your email or alias to the account.

Just a heads up, the error you are getting means that the email you are trying to use to replace the old email is already being used on another Microsoft account.

You cannot use an email that is already tied up to a Microsoft account to change an email on an old Microsoft account. You need an email that has not being tied up to any Microsoft account yet so you can change your old existing email.

If you still want to use that email, I suggest removing that from the Microsoft account by changing it first with another email (can be a dummy email as long as it does not have a Microsoft account) So that you can free it from that account and use it to change your old one.

Note: This should also be a third party domain, first party domain will not work (Hotmail, outlook etc.)

You can check this link for more details:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. Jordynry Win User

Can we talk about how stupid it is that I can't link my old Xbox account to my new email?

Well, no, because the Xbox account didn't exist until I made it. I could have used this email as the alias for my old account had I not mistakenly signed up for a new Xbox account with it. I made the Xbox account, so why can't I delete it from existence, and then use this email as the alias for my old Xbox account?
  4. choppyseize Win User

Parent / Child Transfer Account Information on XBOX One

You can't transfer data like the between accounts. But you can change the email associated with accounts. You may just want to put the existing account on a new email that's theirs
  5. MRallamagoosa Win User

How to transfer my Xbox subscriptions, gametag, and games to new outlook account

6. choppyseize Win User

Account Deletion and Transfer of certain Licenses

As mentioned you can attach a new email to the account but you can't transfer account purchases between accounts. You may just want to add another email to the existing one so your current email is free to make another account
Thema:

1. How to transfer (old email) existing xbox account -> (new) existing main email account? - Similar Threads - transfer old email

2. I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  3. How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S: I’ve got an Xbox One S that won’t stay on, keeps rebooting itself. So I bought a new one and would like to find out how my data can be transferred from the old to the new? It doesn’t stay on long...
  4. I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.: I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends, However I cant access the Xbox live account anymore because I deactivated the Yahoo email associated with...
  5. How do i transfer all my captures that are on my old Xbox One to my new Xbox One S?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i transfer all my captures that are on my old Xbox One to my new Xbox One S?: I want to upgrade to my Xbox One S but I'm scared that I'll lose certain info like all my captrues that are saved and All the Profiles on my original Xbox One 5ed2af9b-f683-4d2c-89fa-26c814b37899
  6. How do I transfer accessories on my Minecraft Account from and old iPad 3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I transfer accessories on my Minecraft Account from and old iPad 3?: Basically on my iPad 3 I have 2 rare capes that I want to transfer onto my Minecraft account, but can't since it's a really outdated device. At the moment I can't obviously spend money to buy...
  7. I somehow ended up transfering my Mojang account to some old Microsoft account of mine and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I somehow ended up transfering my Mojang account to some old Microsoft account of mine and...: Hi there, I am a Minecraft Java Edition, Minecraft Dungeons and also a Minecraft for iOS owner. Durring the migration of Mojang account to Microsoft account I accidentally transfered my Mojang...
  8. Unable to access old email. How do I transfer games on Xbox to new email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to access old email. How do I transfer games on Xbox to new email: I am unable to access my old email because they have blocked me due to suspicious activity. And no matter how many times I try and verify my identity it keeps telling me I’m not giving enough...
  9. How do I Transfer all box purchases from old Hotmail email account to new Outlook email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I Transfer all box purchases from old Hotmail email account to new Outlook email...: Hi, I have an old Hotmail account that is linked to my Xbox account and has my purchases on it. I have a new outlook account email that I would like to transfer all my Xbox purchases onto. How...
  10. Trying to find my old account and transfer the email to my current email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to find my old account and transfer the email to my current email: When I was younger I had an Xbox account and I'm trying to get that old account back. I've logged into my current email and my mom's old email but none of them is the account I'm looking for. My...