How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e?

Discus and support How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My original 360 finally broke (too many capacitors blew) and now I'm trying to transfer all my games and their licenses to my replacement (Xbox 360 e).... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SwagAntiswag, Aug 5, 2023.

1. SwagAntiswag
    SwagAntiswag Guest

My original 360 finally broke (too many capacitors blew) and now I'm trying to transfer all my games and their licenses to my replacement (Xbox 360 e).

However when I plug in my adaptor for the og Xbox 360 hard-drive, the new 360 e says I need to format the hard drive, but if I do that I lose everything, and there are stuff that I simply can't just download again (e..g. Rock band 1 and 2 songs for my rock band 3).

How can transfer everything to the new console without losing everything? Can transfer stuff to my PC, then format my hard drive, transfer it back to the formatted hard drive and then plug into the 360 e?

:)

SwagAntiswag, Aug 5, 2023
  2. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Hello Swag, my name is zahir, a independent advisor.

It should not do that. It should not ask you to reformat. I think when you og xbox blew it corrupted the drive aswell.

But all the games will be tied to your account and you can just download them again.

Note Xbox 360 support content is no longer being maintained

Regards
    Zahir
  3. HassanB Win User

Downloading a Halo 4 armor skin from my friends console ?

Hello,

Sorry, this is not possible to do. The use of the license transfer system in this way is not prohibited. A license transfer cannot be used to transfer one piece of content from one console to another. It transfers all licenses from one Xbox 360 to another Xbox
    360, not from one Xbox LIVE account to another Xbox LIVE account.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

O jogo não entra quando faço o download [Translation - The game does not come when I download ]

Hi Thiago,

So to clarify are you using an Xbox 360 and you are trying to do a license transfer on the Xbox 360? License's are stored in the console as local licenses so to play your friend's games he will need to download his account onto your Xbox and do a licenses
    transfer.

Xbox 360 server maintenance has been completed so all should be good now.

Follow this entire support article with information about digital rights management on the Xbox 360 and how you can transfer content licenses:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/store/download-content#transfer
  5. Wildy94 Win User

two xboxs

6. SirStephenH Win User

transfer Cable

Yes, as long as your hard drive isn't broken as well.

Check out this support article for more information on how to transfer data using a transfer cable and transferring content licenses

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable
Thema:

1. How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e? - Similar Threads - transfer license broken

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  5. While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...: Then steel and titanium can I transfer my data off of my Xbox 360 hard drive to the newer Xbox gaming systems with a transfer cable 1d0531f7-9492-4396-8f97-37a494cb9e25
  6. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  7. Need support help with license transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need support help with license transfer: Hello if anyone knows anyway to help it would be appreciated so i went to play my old xbox 360 and so i started downloading some of my old games but i also started purchasing disk games and turns...
  8. Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?: 4 years ago my dad bought a game (Sea of Thieves) for me because I was a minor. However, the game can only be downloaded using his account. Even though my game progress is saved under my Xbox...
  9. Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X: We upgraded our Xbox 360 to an Xbox Series X (new home Xbox). All profiles and cloud saved games ported fine. However, I don't know how to get our past downloaded content purchases (shown in the...
  10. Can I transfer a game license to a friend?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer a game license to a friend?: I have a game on my Xbox one S that I want to play with a friend, although, he doesn't has the same game and neither how to afford it. Is there a way that we both play the same game by me...