How to transfer gamer tag?

Discus and support How to transfer gamer tag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My brother and I have shared a single account for the past 5-6 years. I recently got my own and now we have to figure out what to do. He wants to keep... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nopadope, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Nopadope
    Nopadope Guest

My brother and I have shared a single account for the past 5-6 years. I recently got my own and now we have to figure out what to do. He wants to keep the gamer tag but I want to keep the actual account as I’ve bought a lot of games on there. Is there a way for me to give up the gamer tag and he create a new account and take the name back?

:)

Nopadope, Dec 27, 2022
  2. NiftyBasilisk22 Win User

Transfer gamertag

You can't transfer items among different accounts including gtags
    I'm having this same issue. You can't transfer a gamer tag & info to an account that has a gamer tag already created. I need help with this too, if anyone knows how to delete a gamer tag from a sign in so that I can transfer an existing
    one in, that'd be great!
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

change your tag to another one of your choosing, you may need to pay, get him to create an account then change the name to the original one,
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Nopadope, unfortunately there is no way to detach a Gamertag from one Microsoft account and turn it into another or transfer to another one.

The Xbox profile and the Microsoft account are only one, in case you were playing on the same account, that account should be for one of you two, and the other can create a new Xbox / Microsoft account and choose the Gamertag they want.

As all games were purchased on this account, it will not be possible to transfer games, what you can do is set this account as the main one on the console so that you can share the games to the new account that one of you will use.

How home Xbox and game sharing work

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

do you actually read the issue in hand, they want to move the name not the account which is completely possible and easy to do.
  6. Vladimihr Win User

Can You change your main gamertag on a windows account?

I'm in the same situation as KaputFever7… How to transfer a gamer tag to an other Microsoft Account on Xbox One?
Thema:

1. How to transfer gamer tag? - Similar Threads - transfer gamer tag

2. Transfer game save data to another gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer game save data to another gamer tag: Hey! I got the new Hogwarts game and played a ton on it before realizing I was playing on my boyfriends account/gamertag. Is there a way to move that game save data to my account/gamertag? We have...
  3. Can I transfer my gamer tag to my kid?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I transfer my gamer tag to my kid?: So when I first set up Xbox a few years ago I used my account because my kids did not have their own. One kid has been playing on mine for a few years and has it linked with his friends. can I...
  4. Transfer Xbox gamer tag data to new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Xbox gamer tag data to new account: Hello, My son has been using my primary email aligned gamer tag for years and has accumulated status he wants to keep. He is now older and I want to transfer his data and status to a new account...
  5. Am I able to transfer any content from one gamer tag to another

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to transfer any content from one gamer tag to another: When I got my son Xbox I created everyone a account somewhere down the line my son started using my gamer tag with my email and made it his own…so what I’m asking is there a away room transfer his...
  6. Transfer Gamer Tag to a non-Microsoft Email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Gamer Tag to a non-Microsoft Email: Hi, Years ago I made my Gamertag under my dads email, which is an outlook account. Now I would like to transfer that GT over to my email (a Gmail account), without totally deleting my Dad's...
  7. Transfer gamer tag and saved data from main profile to another on same console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer gamer tag and saved data from main profile to another on same console: When my son got his Xbox one he hooked it up and signed in using his mom's Microsoft account. Before I realized he hadn't signed on using his account, he created a tag and was saving to the main...
  8. Transfer gamer tag to new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer gamer tag to new account: I created an account and gamer tag under my email years ago when my son was a minor. How can I transfer this gamer tag to my son now? I presume he must first create his own Microsoft account....
  9. How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?: I have been using my gamertag for 15 years on my Xbox360. The email it was set up and attached to is no longer available to me as it was an old work email. Xbox live sent a request (out of the...
  10. Transfer gamer tag to my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer gamer tag to my son: Hi, ive read several threads from 2017 and 2019, which appeared to be unresolved and i am in the same position; i want to find out if microsoft has done anythimg to resolve this yet. I set up the...