How to transfer game save data from 1 Xbox One to another (without internet)

Discus and support How to transfer game save data from 1 Xbox One to another (without internet) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I have some game saves on an Xbox One that belongs to one of my family members. I have recently gotten my own Xbox One and was wanting to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by XBox Gamer88, Jun 21, 2023.

1. XBox Gamer88
    XBox Gamer88 Guest

Hello!

I have some game saves on an Xbox One that belongs to one of my family members. I have recently gotten my own Xbox One and was wanting to transfer those game saves over to my own console. We are in an area that doesn't have the most reliable internet connectivity so all of my game saves are offline as I rarely if ever connect the Xbox to the internet unless a console update is needed so it is not really feasible to rely on the online backup to access game saves as they likely are not saved there due to the rarity of the console being connected online.

I had bought an external hard drive thinking it would be possible to transfer those game saves that way, however I am struggling to find how to do that.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how it would be possible to transfer the game save data from Xbox One to another without internet connectivity?

Thanks!

:)

XBox Gamer88, Jun 21, 2023
  2. GRRWAWR Win User

3. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

Sorry, but you can't.

Saves are stored in your cloud and will require a network for them to properly sync back to the console once you log in and launch your desired game. That is the only way.

Again, I do apologize. :(
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

the only way to do it with xbox one is via cloud saving, it is not possible to transfer saves or profiles from one to the other, you must connect to the internet to actually download your profile and saves will sync over when you start that particular game.

so you need to connect xbox one (1) to the net and sign into your profile and then let it finish syncing to the cloud.

connect xbox one (2) to the net and download your profile by signing in then start each game that you want the saves for and let it sync.
  5. XBox Gamer88 Win User

Unfortunately that isn't really a feasible option. I'm sure I could find somewhere to connect the consoles online that is more reliable but since there are several games involved and likely none of them are fully updated I feel like that would be much too time consuming for what my schedule currently allows because the game would have to update in the process too if starting the games while online?

Are there any other potential work arounds for those of us who don't have reliable internet and primarily play offline?

Thanks!
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

as stated there is no way around this, back in the old days of the 360 your profile and 90% of saves could be moved via usb pen but since the xbox one save cannot be accessed and only transferred to another console via cloud saving.
Thema:

1. How to transfer game save data from 1 Xbox One to another (without internet) - Similar Threads - transfer game save

2. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  3. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  4. Series X and game/save transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X and game/save transfer: Hello, my Series X took water damage (burst pipe) and I am looking into buying a new Series X to replace it. I was just wondering if all my games that I have purchased will be available to...
  5. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  6. How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?: 2 months ago I created a new, alternate account to try out a free trial code for game pass a friend had given me(you can't use free trial's on existing accounts even if you've never had game pass...
  7. Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.: I am planning on buying Persona 5 royale in steam, after it was removed from Xbox Game Pass. I already invested a lot of time into the game when they removed it. i want to know if I can transfer...
  8. Transfer cloud gaming save to Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer cloud gaming save to Xbox: I wanted to try out Starfield on my Xbox One, so I gave cloud gaming a chance. The performance is okay but I really like the game, so Ibplan to upgrade to Series X. Is it possible to transfer my...
  9. Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?: So I recently purchased Astroneer on Steam and I'm wondering if I am able to transfer my progress from Xbox to the Steam game. I have nearly 100% completion on Astroneer on the Xbox-bought game...
  10. Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…: I have a problem that requires assistance. Recently, one of my Outlook accounts, which was linked to my gamer tag, got deleted due to inactivity. The system prompted me to log back into the...