How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?

Discus and support How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have an Xbox One controller and I don't see a way to sync through Bluetooth without first turning on the controller which obviously turns on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Christopher#L, Mar 1, 2024.

1. How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?

So I have an Xbox One controller and I don't see a way to sync through Bluetooth without first turning on the controller which obviously turns on the console. Is there any way to go straight into syncing to bypass turning on the console while using Bluetooth? With the Nintendo Switch Pro controller, you can just press the sync button to go straight into sync without pressing the main button that turns on the system. If there is no way to do anything similar could this be feedback to possibly implement this as a controller update if it's even possible? It's easier to play with the Xbox One controller on PC, but this is the one thing that ruins it. I am also aware that I might be able to sync using a cable, but It's inconvenient to do that every time and defeats the purpose of going wireless.

:)

Christopher#L, Mar 1, 2024
  2. Christopher#L Win User

Double-clicking the sync button on the Xbox One controller right after turning it on just delays the Xbox turning on and it eventually syncs with the controller again. Apparently, the feature was implemented for the Xbox Series controller since you can go straight into sync without turning on the controller or the Xbox just by holding down the sync button https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/xnwdqf/til_you_can_put_the_controller_into_sync_mode/

I just updated my Xbox One controller and it's still the same thing. So hopefully it can be implemented as an update if nothing physical in the Xbox One controller prevents it from being possible. I hope someone in the Dev team can see this.
  3. Christopher#L Win User

Xbox does not use Bluetooth

I have no idea what will happen or you can try plugging via USB. It really only takes a second to sync the controller and then you can turn it off if that's it such a big issue we're just sync it the next time you start the system to play
    I'm not trying to be rude but then what is the Xbox One controller using if it's not using Bluetooth while still appearing as a Bluetooth device on PC. I think there is a misunderstanding or a language barrier, but I'm not having trouble syncing, I just want to bypass turning on the console every time I need to sync. If it's not possible I just wanted this to serve us feedback.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox does not use Bluetooth

I have no idea what will happen or you can try plugging via USB. It really only takes a second to sync the controller and then you can turn it off if that's it such a big issue we're just sync it the next time you start the system to play
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

if you're using it on both the PC and the Xbox, then it can use Bluetooth. The Xbox controller stores separate settings for Bluetooth and the Xbox and you can easily switch between them by double clicking the sync button

It takes a little practice to get the timing down
  6. Kevenstu01 Win User

Using the Xbox One S controller for both console and phone.

hi SnackPack83

unfortunately you cannot, the controller is set to ''always'' connect to the last synced device.

you will have to sync your controller every time you want to switch device

and turning off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button until it turn off is the intended way of turning it off without turning the Xbox off (when synced to an Xbox), or when synced to another device other then the Xbox
Thema:

1. How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox? - Similar Threads - sync controller without

2. How do I sync up my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I sync up my controller?: The xbox series x controller won't sync. The controller randomly disconnected. I tried to turn it back on and it started flashing. I tried to sync it up with my xbox by pressing both sync buttons....
  3. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  4. Controller Wont Sync To Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Wont Sync To Xbox Series X: For the past couple days, my controller randomly stopped syncing. I’ve tried: -Restarting Xbox -Unplugging Xbox - Battery Swap -Updating Controller The only thing that seems to work is...
  5. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  6. Xbox 360 controller does not sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller does not sync: I just bought an play & charge kit for my xbox 360 controller, when I plugged it in on my 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports windows reproduces the sound of a new device connected and even shows correctly the...
  7. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  8. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  9. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  10. How do you connect a 3rd party Xbox controller to PC using a Wireless adapter without sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect a 3rd party Xbox controller to PC using a Wireless adapter without sync...: Hello, I am experiencing difficulty connecting my Xbox controller to my PC through the wireless adapter. The user manual instructs me to press the sync button on both devices to pair them, but the...