How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6?

Discus and support How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last couple of days I've started playing on my Xbox again but with games such as Fortnite and COD: MWR I keep getting kicked out to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WilliamS95, Feb 11, 2018.

1. WilliamS95
    WilliamS95 Guest

For the last couple of days I've started playing on my Xbox again but with games such as Fortnite and COD: MWR I keep getting kicked out to the homescreen and set to offline. My Xbox says that my network is fine but that there are trouble with the service(s)
    of Xbox.

I think it has something to do with my type of connection that I use. Right now it is set to 'IPv4' and it's need to be
    'IPv6' however I have no idea how to change settings like that.

Does anyone how to change it or a way so I can play properly again?

:)

WilliamS95, Feb 11, 2018
  2. ONEGREATFIRE
    ONEGREATFIRE Guest
    How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Does your service provider actually offer IPv6? Most every modem and router is capable of handling this new protocol, but if your ISP hasn't updated their equipment you won't be able to switch your protocol.

ONEGREATFIRE, Feb 11, 2018
  3. How to switch from IPv4 to IPv6

Need to switch from IPv4 to IPv6

xxxANGU1SHxxxxx, Feb 11, 2018
  4. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest

IPV6 has to be supported by your router and your ISP. IPV6 is already built into Xbox and when it detects it you're set.

Comcast is my ISP and their network supports IPV6.

I have a netgear router that supports IPV6 and it's just a matter of logging in to the router and enabling the IPV6 feature.

HAZMAT RADIO, Feb 11, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: